Support

Expand all | Collapse all

Can't get the filter to return comprehensive list of items

Jump to Best Answer
  • 1.  Can't get the filter to return comprehensive list of items

Posted 03-09-2017 13:30
    Has anybody had any problems with filters? I need to filter on software requirements that have # of downstream items >=1 of relationship type "Related to". The filter returns only a partial list of the software requirements that meet the criteria. See a screenshot of my filter...am I doing something wrong?

------------------------------
    Francesca

• 2.  RE: Can't get the filter to return comprehensive list of items

Posted 03-09-2017 16:17

Hi Francesca,
    Welcome to the community! I'm glad you were able to (finally) log in. I have a couple of questions:

1. What is the original scope of the filter—do you have it set to [currrent project], all projects, or a specific project? 
    2. Do you have a condition in the embedded filter (the that match this filter link)

Kristina King
    Jama Software

• 3.  RE: Can't get the filter to return comprehensive list of items

Posted 03-10-2017 07:59

Kristina,
      The scope of the search is the current project, and I don't have a condition in the embedded filter.

Francesca

• 4.  RE: Can't get the filter to return comprehensive list of items

Posted 03-10-2017 10:20
    Just curious but if you remove the first condition do you get what you need? I don't imagine it should be any different, if it is there could be a bug, but I think the second condition already covers the first one, i.e. if you have "related to" items then you have 1 or more items related to.

Ed

• 5.  RE: Can't get the filter to return comprehensive list of items

Posted 03-10-2017 14:11
    I did remove the first condition, and I got the right list, BUT I should be able to use the " # of Downstream relationships" to help me see only the items that have downstream relationships in the range I'm interested in...for example, = 1, >= 3, etc.
    If I only filter on the "# of Downstream relationships" and want only the items that have # of Downstream relationships = 2, for example, the filter returns a list with items that have 0 # of Downstream relationships!
    The "# of Downstream relationships" field does not seem to be working, as I would expect it to work.

Francesca

• 6.  RE: Can't get the filter to return comprehensive list of items

Posted 03-10-2017 16:03
    Francesca,

I agree with Ed's assessment that there could be a bug here. What version of Jama are you using? I was able to receive filter results with these conditions in my hosted environment (currently Jama 8.13, the latest), so it's definitely something that should work.

Kristina King
    Jama Software

• 7.  RE: Can't get the filter to return comprehensive list of items

Posted 03-13-2017 13:12
    I was told by the admins that the version we are running is 2015.5...
    Now this doesn't seem to correspond to version paradigm type (8.13) that you are running, but it's the information I was given.

Francesca

• 8.  RE: Can't get the filter to return comprehensive list of items
    Best Answer

Posted 03-13-2017 15:58
    Hi Francesca,

2015.5 was released in 2015; we changed our versioning scheme in 2016 with the release of 8.1. Sorry for that confusing lore! So I just tested this in 2015.5 and it looks like a bug in that version. However, it is not present in Jama now.

Kristina King
    Jama Software

• 9.  RE: Can't get the filter to return comprehensive list of items

Posted 03-14-2017 10:44
    Thank you! I will let the admins know that we need to upgrade to the newer version.

Francesca