Support

Expand all | Collapse all

To maintain traceability

Jump to Best Answer
  • 1.  To maintain traceability

Posted 03-22-2017 23:59
    I have a requirement to write the test cases in the jama and the execution of the test-cases will be outside the jama using HW(hardware) test automation tool and fetch that result(Pass/Fail) and update back again in the jama.

So I found the approach of exporting the data from Jama inARQE-XML format (the test-case so that i can modify that with the test results(Pass/Fail)) but I do not find the option of the importing the modifiedARQE-XMLto the same location(project ID). If the importing option is there, please guide me where I can find that. If not, then please can you illustrate the alternative approach?

Second approach I found is using native REST API to get the info of the test-case, modify it with the results(Pass/Fail)and update it back via native REST API. Are the PUT/POST API are the correct method for the updating info to the ID, as I can see from the description of the method.

[Note:When replying to the email, please CC'd to my colleague chandra.turha@infineon.com]

------------------------------
    pranjay kaparuwan
    Infineon
    bangalore KS

• 2.  RE: To maintain traceability
    Best Answer

Posted 03-23-2017 10:37
    Hi Pranjay,

There is not a way to import updated item information via XML; the only format that is suitable for this is XLS, which is done via the Round-trip process. However, the Round Trip process is not available for Test Run updating; see the feature request post to share your need for it.

So you are correct in assuming that the REST API is the way to go for this. 

As far as the correct method for updating test runs via REST goes, did you see this article? Connecting Jama to your Automated Testing Tool It links to an example script.

Also, I am not able to CC an email address via the community, so you'll have to share this info with Chandra.

Kristina King
    Jama Software

• 3.  RE: To maintain traceability

Posted 03-27-2017 04:52
    Thank You Kristina, The info is very useful. I will try this approach.
    I didn't got the mail so I responded late :)

pranjay kaparuwan
    Infineon
    bangalore KS