Support

Expand all | Collapse all

REST API: override Execution Date

• 1.  REST API: override Execution Date

Posted 04-01-2019 12:04
    We're considering moving some test cases and test runs over from another tool and would like to preserve the historic date of the test runs from the old tool. We've got some python code to programmatically set up the test cases, steps, groups, plans, cycles and runs but the execution date is always set to the moment the script is run. Is there any way to get around this?

------------------------------
    Andrew MacCormack
    Optos
    Dunfermline

• 2.  RE: REST API: override Execution Date

Posted 04-02-2019 10:34
    Hi Andrew:

You mentioned another tool, can you clarify if this other tool another version of Jama or some other tool? This would be super helpful to know. Off the top of my head, I am wondering if creating a separate field to capture the historical date for reference would work for you?

Looking forward to hearing back.

Chloe Elliott
    Jama Software
    Portland OR

• 3.  RE: REST API: override Execution Date

Posted 04-02-2019 10:40
    Thanks Chloe,

This is importing from Spiratest that we're considering, not another JAMA instance.

I have tried creating custom fields (type Text) in the testrun item type in JAMA GUI, but assigning to them via the API seemed to have no effect. I also couldn't see a way to set them through the web UI either!

Andrew MacCormack
    Optos
    Dunfermline

• 4.  RE: REST API: override Execution Date

Posted 04-02-2019 12:11
    The updating fields issue seems to be tracked as bug SOS-DEF-2702 as described here: https://community.jamasoftware.com/communities/community-home/digestviewer/viewthread?GroupId=25&MessageKey=d497756b-c703-4b96-b8d0-f69a6dcd9376&CommunityKey=c9d20d4c-5bb6-4f19-92eb-e7cee0942d51&tab=digestviewer

Andrew MacCormack
    Optos
    Dunfermline

• 5.  RE: REST API: override Execution Date

Posted 04-02-2019 14:58
    Andrew:

Seeing how we do not have a planned integration with Spiratest but, do have integration with Jira; we were pondering the idea of the possibilities of syncing Spiratest to Jira then syncing Jira to Jama? Thoughts?

Chloe Elliott
    Jama Software
    Portland OR

• 6.  RE: REST API: override Execution Date

Posted 04-03-2019 08:56
    That sounds like quite a lot of work, and presumably the connector uses the API and so would still have the same problem

Andrew MacCormack
    Optos
    Dunfermline