Support

Expand all | Collapse all

REST API: override Execution Date

• 1.  REST API: override Execution Date

Posted 04-01-2019 09:04
    We're considering moving some test cases and test runs over from another tool and would like to preserve the historic date of the test runs from the old tool. We've got some python code to programmatically set up the test cases, steps, groups, plans, cycles and runs but the execution date is always set to the moment the script is run. Is there any way to get around this?

------------------------------
    Andrew MacCormack
    Optos
    Dunfermline

• 2.  RE: REST API: override Execution Date

Posted 04-02-2019 07:34
    Hi Andrew:

You mentioned another tool, can you clarify if this other tool another version of Jama or some other tool? This would be super helpful to know. Off the top of my head, I am wondering if creating a separate field to capture the historical date for reference would work for you?

Looking forward to hearing back.

Chloe Elliott
    Jama Software
    Portland OR

• 3.  RE: REST API: override Execution Date

Posted 04-02-2019 07:40
    Thanks Chloe,

This is importing from Spiratest that we're considering, not another JAMA instance.

I have tried creating custom fields (type Text) in the testrun item type in JAMA GUI, but assigning to them via the API seemed to have no effect. I also couldn't see a way to set them through the web UI either!

Andrew MacCormack
    Optos
    Dunfermline

• 4.  RE: REST API: override Execution Date

Posted 04-02-2019 09:11
    The updating fields issue seems to be tracked as bug SOS-DEF-2702 as described here: https://community.jamasoftware.com/communities/community-home/digestviewer/viewthread?GroupId=25&MessageKey=d497756b-c703-4b96-b8d0-f69a6dcd9376&CommunityKey=c9d20d4c-5bb6-4f19-92eb-e7cee0942d51&tab=digestviewer

Andrew MacCormack
    Optos
    Dunfermline

• 5.  RE: REST API: override Execution Date

Posted 04-02-2019 11:58
    Andrew:

Seeing how we do not have a planned integration with Spiratest but, do have integration with Jira; we were pondering the idea of the possibilities of syncing Spiratest to Jira then syncing Jira to Jama? Thoughts?

Chloe Elliott
    Jama Software
    Portland OR

• 6.  RE: REST API: override Execution Date

Posted 04-03-2019 05:56
    That sounds like quite a lot of work, and presumably the connector uses the API and so would still have the same problem

Andrew MacCormack
    Optos
    Dunfermline

• 7.  RE: REST API: override Execution Date

Posted 01-20-2020 11:21
    Hi Andrew,
    Eight months on, I'm wondering if you ever found a solution? I'm trying to do exactly the same thing, inject test results from a Jenkins job, and cannot find a way to set the executionDate of the testrun item to match the timestamp of the test.
    Thanks
    Peter

Peter Hall
    ON Semiconductor

• 8.  RE: REST API: override Execution Date

Posted 01-22-2020 08:40
    @Andrew

Chloe Elliott
    Jama Software
    Portland OR

• 9.  RE: REST API: override Execution Date

Posted 01-22-2020 09:19
    No, we didn't get a way to change JAMA's info, but what I did instead was to use the start/end dates of the test cycle to indicate the date originally executed. We then use a custom API script to report the correct date based on whether it was an imported test cycle or new run.

Andrew MacCormack
    Optos
    Dunfermline

• 10.  RE: REST API: override Execution Date

Posted 01-23-2020 03:43
    Hi Andrew, thanks
    Yes I came to the same conclusion and use the test cycle start/end dates. I assume therefore that Jama does not auto-extend the test cycle end date to match the latest execution date?

Peter Hall
    ON Semiconductor