Support

Expand all | Collapse all

Switch directions of relationships in batch

• 1.  Switch directions of relationships in batch

Posted 18 days ago
    After importing from DOORS several months ago, we face now the problem of having hundred of relationships done in a direction that is opposite to the current criteria. Our items are hundreds and could also have hundreds of relationships each one. We are looking for a way to switch the direction for all them but we are not able to found how to (except one by one).

Is there an alternative to the one-by-one switch? I hope so, if not we will expend a lot of hours doing it...

Thanks for helping

------------------------------
    Manel Moreno
    SW Test Manager
    Systelab Technologies

• 2.  RE: Switch directions of relationships in batch

Posted 18 days ago
    Manel:

Hello, looks like you have a lot of relationships to reverse. We do not have a way to batch update relationships using the UI but, if you are running Jama 8 and above, this is a good situation to utilize our REST API on using the Relationships Endpoints operations. Thoughts?

Best,

Chloe Elliott
    Jama Software
    Portland OR

• 3.  RE: Switch directions of relationships in batch

Posted 7 days ago
    Chloe,

Thanks for your answer. I took a look to it but unfortunately I'm not familiar with REST API, and I'm not able by myself to program the needed code to reverse such amount of relationships. I will ask our development teams for help...
    Alternatively, I found the 'Import Relationships' Plugin. When I tried to reverse some of them, I found out that I can not modify existing ones, but I can remove in batch and then create them again in the correct direction using the plugin..It will require some remove&import, but it is better than do it one by one.
    What do you thing, is this also a valid way to do it?

BTW, we are using 8.25.3 and I'm ADMIN.
    Thanks
    Manel

Manel Moreno
    SW Test Manager
    Systelab Technologies

• 4.  RE: Switch directions of relationships in batch

Posted 7 days ago
    Manel:

Thank you for this feedback, I originally did not mention the 'Import Relationships' because it was my understanding that it could only 'create' relationships not 'delete/remove/modify' current relationships. Sounds like you are doing a combination of removing in batch and then 'creating' with the plugin? Can you please, describe in more detail your process of doing the batch removal of the current relationships? From what view are you doing this in? Are you using an advanced filter?

Best,

Chloe Elliott
    Business Support Community Manager
    Jama Software
    Portland OR