Support

Expand all | Collapse all

Not getting deleted items through "Get all activities in the project with the specified ID"

• 1.  Not getting deleted items through "Get all activities in the project with the specified ID"

Posted 23 days ago
    Hi,
    I'm currently running a script that deletes the deleted items from JamaCloud.
    And for that i'm using Jama REST API's ("Get all activities in the project with the specified ID"):
    jamarest
    But i'm only getting data from like a month ago.
    For example i've got a requirement in my database that is supposed to get deleted by the script using your api, but when i enter the data above^ i'm only getting data from 2018-12-17 and above.

When i try to open the requirement in Jamacloud i get the following:
    ff
    Where did that item go? 

------------------------------
    Mussab Kamhieh

• 2.  RE: Not getting deleted items through "Get all activities in the project with the specified ID"

Posted 23 days ago
    Mussab:

The message "Sorry, the specified project item was made inactive by KJLJ lJLJK on TIMESTAMP" means that someone deleted this item at this date. To investigate, you can go back to the timestamp in your Project Stream and see what else may have been deleted and by whom.

Hope this helps,

Chloe Elliott
    Jama Software
    Portland OR

• 3.  RE: Not getting deleted items through "Get all activities in the project with the specified ID"

Posted 17 days ago
    Edited by Mussab Kamhieh 17 days ago

Hi Chloe,
    Maybe my question is unclear. I know that the item has been deleted, but shouldn't it show up when i use the attached REST-service? My problem is that the deleted item isn't showing up which it's supposed to.

I used the example to show you that it has in fact been deleted, but it's not showing up under deleted the items.

I hope you can find a solution to my problem, thank you in advance:)

Best regards,
    Mussab

Mussab Kamhieh

• 4.  RE: Not getting deleted items through "Get all activities in the project with the specified ID"

Posted 17 days ago
    Mussab:

Thank you for the clarification, you want to do a hard deletion of the already deleted item so that it is completely un-restorable? Have you used this script successfully in the past and now it is no longer working or is this a new task you are troubleshooting? From what I understand, this isn't something we do in the UI, so this shouldn't be something we can do with the API. For further clarification @Nick, one of our Developer Support Engineers is going to jump on this thread to help us. ​You should hear from him soon.

Thanks,

Chloe Elliott
    Jama Software
    Portland OR

• 5.  RE: Not getting deleted items through "Get all activities in the project with the specified ID"

Posted 17 days ago
    Thanks for that introduction, Chloe!

Hi there Mussab,

From what I've gathered so far after talking with Chloe, it seems like you've been using a script to hard (permanently) delete these Items from yoru Jama environment after they've been removed from the UI, and this stopped working recently.

While I was testing this myself just now, I wasn't able to process any sort of deletions through the API after an Item was removed from the UI, but I was able to find recent Deletions just by inputting only the DELETE eventType and Project ID into the /activities endpoint and I can't help but notice that it looks like you're limiting your results based on item types.

Would you mind confirming Chloe's questions and also trying to run your GET activities call again without any sort of itemType limitation and letting me know if that helps? I've attached a screenshot of my calls to this response to try and help clarify exactly what I mean here.

Nick S
    Jama Software

• 6.  RE: Not getting deleted items through "Get all activities in the project with the specified ID"

Posted 15 days ago
    Hi Nick,
    So what i am doing is visualising Jama data on a local website at my workplace. First i'm pulling the Jama data using REST and then storing it in a database. And to shorten the running time of my script i'm only pulling the new changes for the last two days and inserting them to the database, instead of deleting everything and pulling it again every day.

And here comes the challange, when pulling the changes i'm only getting the new items, the deleted items will stay in my database. And for that i'm using the attached API to get the ID's of the deleted items from Jama and and deleting them locally on my database. So i'm not trying to delete anything from Jama, i have a read-only access.

The API does actually work most of the time and it has been running in my script for a while now, but for some reason some of the deleted items aren't showing up using this API. I've tested it on several newly-deleted items and it worked, but like i said some of the items aren't showing up.

I can give you some concrete examples if my question is unclear,
    thank you for your help :)

Best regards
    Mussab

Mussab Kamhieh

• 7.  RE: Not getting deleted items through "Get all activities in the project with the specified ID"

Posted 15 days ago
    Hey Mussab,

Thanks for clarifying this, that's a really interesting use case and very much helps clarify things.

It's interesting that your API script isn't able to pull recently deleted items and a concrete example would definitely be helpful in letting us dig into this more thoroughly.  However, I also understand not wanting to provide specifics in a public forum like this, so if you were willing, I'd recommend making a ticket for our support team to look into this all more closely where we can see specifics and event logs, etc.

You can submit a ticket here: https://support.jamasoftware.com/hc/en-us . Go ahead and include a link to this thread and mention that I asked you to open the ticket and we can handle it that way if that's preferred.

Alternatively, if you were able to keep the concrete examples public-friendly, keeping this in this thread could be really helpful for anyone else in a similar situation.

Nick S
    Jama Software