Support

Expand all | Collapse all

Word Export for Test Runs

• 1.  Word Export for Test Runs

Posted 06-23-2020 12:45
    I've been working with the Word export templates with mail merge fields, and am trying to export all test runs within a given test cycle. When I export the test runs, the text in the "actual results" column is left as html code with non-active hyperlinks. (Note: the links work when exporting to pdf, but the html tags are still present.

Ultimately, I would like to export all test steps and results without these html tags, and have images embedded within the corresponding word document cell.

I have "rich text" enabled for the Test Case -> Steps field in the JAMA admin panel, but I cannot enable this rich text for the Test Run -> Steps field. This seems to fix the html tag problem for the "Test Procedure", "Expected Results", and "Notes" columns, but I cannot do the same for the "Actual Results" column. I assume some work will need to be done using Word VBA or macros, but I am wondering what can be done beforehand on the JAMA side.

------------------------------
    Hannah M.

• 2.  RE: Word Export for Test Runs

Posted 06-23-2020 23:26
    Yes! I've seen this too. I raised a Support ticket for this today.

Ian Webb
    Enphase Energy, Inc.

• 3.  RE: Word Export for Test Runs

Posted 07-21-2020 08:48
    Hello,

I'm experiencing the same issue with word export. The raw HTML is displayed instead of the text and picture.
    I there any  resolution to this issue ?

Thank you
    Fabrice.

Fabrice

• 4.  RE: Word Export for Test Runs

Posted 07-21-2020 13:23
    Edited by Decoteau 07-21-2020 13:37
    Thank you all for reaching out!

It looks like the behavior you are all reporting is a bug, SOS-DEF-2609: Mail merge Tag «TableStart:STEPS» will cause HTML to be exported in test cases 'steps'. The currently is no workaround for this bug. However, there is a fix planned in the next Cloud release.

You can check future release notes for this ID to see if this bug has been fixed. If you have any questions about our bug fixing process, I recommend reading this article in our community.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Decoteau Wilkerson
    Jama Software
    OR

• 5.  RE: Word Export for Test Runs

Posted 07-22-2020 05:45
      |   view attached
    We have created a Word cleanup macro (text file attached) that does search/replace actions for the HTML tags that we have encountered due to this bug. Before using this, be sure to confirm that our decisions on the replacements are appropriate for your export.

Steve Kay
    Hologic - Breast Health

Attachment(s)

txt
    CleanHTML.txt   6 KB 1 version

• 6.  RE: Word Export for Test Runs

Posted 07-22-2020 08:26
    Hi Steve,

Thank you for sharing this workaround! I have awarded the Solver Badge to your profile.

We appreciate your input!

Decoteau Wilkerson
    Jama Software
    OR

• 7.  RE: Word Export for Test Runs

Posted 08-25-2020 13:21
    Hi All,

Just wanted to provide an update on this thread to share that this defect, SOS-DEF-2609, was fixed in Jama 8.53.

This fix, along with other updates, can be found here: Jama Connect 8.53 Cloud Release Notes

Best,

Decoteau Wilkerson
    Jama Software
    OR