Support

Expand all | Collapse all

Widgets/Links

• 1.  Widgets/Links

Posted 06-13-2019 15:25
    ​​Are widgets, and more specifically links, added to the requirements in the project not allowed to be visible in the reviews?
    For my projects, the attachment's and links widgets are not showing up in the reviews and are not options in the view settings to move from hidden to visible.
    Has anyone else encountered this issue?

------------------------------
    Jackie Henley

• 2.  RE: Widgets/Links

Posted 06-13-2019 18:28
    Hi Jackie,

Attachments can be accessible for reviewers by including a link in the description field. But, this only works for image file types, but now, with a bit of maneuvering, you can have any kind of attachment be accessible to reviewers as long as it's linked in the description field. As stated in our User Guide on this page about initiating a review, "If any fields in these items contain links to Jama attachments, reviewers will need at least project read permissions to view the attachments." Jackie, some of our customers have attached PDF image files of the item to get around this as well.

To ensure your reviewers can see all attachments, you'll need to grant these reviewers read access at the project level. This won't give them actual read access to the entire project (as reviewers don't even have the Project tab), but it will allow reviewers to open up attachment links included in a review item.

Hope this helps!

Chloe Elliott
    Jama Software
    Portland OR

• 3.  RE: Widgets/Links

Posted 24 days ago
    Ok great thank you.  But what about the links widget? I cannot get that to appear in the review either and our requirement creators have added links for the reviewers to look at to the requirements. I have made sure that the widget is both active an synchronization is on but it still doesn't appear.  So if I grant them read access to the project will it allow them to see the website links as well?​

Jackie Henley

• 4.  RE: Widgets/Links

Posted 21 days ago
    Jackie:

The links widget cannot be configured to be viewable in the Review Center. Are these links outside of Jama? Or are they links to Jama items?

If they are outside links, these should be added in the Description field to be seen and utilized. You can also add these links directly to the Attachments themselves.

If these are links to actual Jama Items, then you should just include these items in the Review itself.

Best,

Chloe Elliott
    Jama Software
    Portland OR