Support

Expand all | Collapse all

FEMA Practice in JAMA

• 1.  FEMA Practice in JAMA

Posted 06-07-2018 11:59
    What is the best practice in JAMA for FMEA?
    In JAMA published document "Application of Risk Analysis Techniques in Jama to Satisfy ISO 14971", figure 5 gives an example of the FMEA.
    It looks like it is done in coverage explorer. Is that true? If not, how is this configured?

If so, I could not expand the window size for each level requirements/risks. It seems that no matter how many visible fields we want, the window size it is always the same size. Is there a way to drag or change the window size for each level so that it is more user-friendly to view?

How do people review the FEMA document JAMA like the requirements?
    Or people review and comment outside of JAMA and JAMA only give you a view of the traceability and coverage.

Thanks
    Simon

------------------------------
    Simon Meng
    CA

• 2.  RE: FEMA Practice in JAMA

Posted 06-08-2018 05:04
    I'm following this discussion.
    We are also preparing to move to FMEAs in JAMA (currently in spreadsheets) and have similar questions. It would be very helpful to have some guidance on how to best configure JAMA for FMEA use.

Bob Hunt

• 3.  RE: FEMA Practice in JAMA

Posted 06-11-2018 14:02

I am not sure if JAMA review center will be able to handle the FMEA or PHA review with particular ISO standard format. I assume we will probably need to create template and export it for review. Let us see how other JAMA experts do.

Thanks
    Simon 

Simon Meng
    CA

• 4.  RE: FEMA Practice in JAMA

Posted 06-12-2018 12:51

Hi Simon and Bob,

We do not have specific instructions or best practice articles on how to set up FMEA's. I did find a couple of resources on the community that might be useful. I welcome you to check them out for conversation and some context:

1. https://community.jamasoftware.com/blogs/kristina-king/2017/09/29/jama-now-includes-calculated-fields
    2. https://community.jamasoftware.com/communities/community-home/digestviewer/viewthread?GroupId=7&MessageKey=95f348ab-563f-4203-a160-fc0a365f3345&CommunityKey=4eac21f6-24d1-4f1e-92bd-76860b52af2c&tab=digestviewer

My other suggestion is to reach out to your Account Manager and ask about engaging services to have a consultant go over implementation for your organization.

Lastly, Simon, to answer your question about Figure 5 found in the "Application of Risk Analysis Techniques in Jama to Satisfy ISO 14971" document, they are using the Coverage Explorer. I was able to view all of my selected fields on my own hosted instance. What version of Jama are you using? Can you also take a screenshot of the behavior you see? This will help me troubleshoot this for you.

Thank you both.

Kimberly Embry