Support

Expand all | Collapse all

Trace View export from a multi word search is blank (v8.36.0)

• 1.  Trace View export from a multi word search is blank (v8.36.0)

Posted 28 days ago
    A user noticed that if they perform a multi word search in the Search window at the top right of Jama, then go to Trace View and export the results, the .csv export is not displaying the results.  If they do this using a single word search then the export from Trace View does display the results.

I was able to reproduce this in multiple projects.  The example below if from the Medical Device Sample Set project that's configured with the Jama installation.

1) Search for hearing aid and then go to Trace View when the search results load.  Export Trace View and the export displays the trace view name and columns but no data (screenshots below).

Trace View Export

2) Search for hearing and then go to Trace View when the search results load.  Export Trace View and the export displays the data as expected (screenshots below).

Trace View Export

We are running Jama on-premise, v8.36.0.

I tried searching for this issue on the community site to see it's been previously mentioned but didn't find anything so I'm posting this.

------------------------------
    Alex
    Fujifilm Sonosite

• 2.  RE: Trace View export from a multi word search is blank (v8.36.0)

Posted 28 days ago

Hi Alex,

Thank you reaching out! This behavior is related to a defect that was fixed in the 8.42.1 Standard Release. Please see the 8.42.1 Release notes for more information on SOS-DEF-2992, which is related to "Export from Trace View generated by a search with spaces returns empty results."

I hope this information is helpful! Please reach out with any questions.

Best,

Decoteau Wilkerson
    Jama Software
    OR

• 3.  RE: Trace View export from a multi word search is blank (v8.36.0)

Posted 28 days ago
    Thanks for the quick reply, Decoteau.  That is helpful and I'll start to search Release notes along with the community site for any issues/oddities we come across.

Alex
    Fujifilm Sonosite

• 4.  RE: Trace View export from a multi word search is blank (v8.36.0)

Posted 28 days ago
    Hi Alex,

I am happy to help! The release notes often contain lots of great info on fixes (plus announcements for new features.)

Please reach out with any other questions.

Best,

Decoteau Wilkerson
    Jama Software
    OR