Support

Expand all | Collapse all

Removed items stay tagged

• 1.  Removed items stay tagged

Posted 20 days ago
    I've came across the issue with tagging. I have number of requirements tagged. I removed the requirements (this succeeded), however they are still visible under the tags they had before removal. I cannot remove them from tag list. when I click on them, there is information saying they were made inactive. Preferably I would like not to see removed items as tagged or on tag list. Is it known problem (I was searching through support, however couldn't find it). Thank you in advance.

------------------------------
    Jakub Malek
    Rockwell Automation

• 2.  RE: Removed items stay tagged

Posted 18 days ago
    Jakub:

Hello, how are you? I am unfamiliar with this being a known problem. I wonder if these tag links got stuck somehow? It wouldn't hurt to do a project clean up to see if we can get those to realign with reality. User Guide on Project Clean Up. Full disclosure, it does not say "specifically" that a project clean up will help this particular issue (no mention of Tags) but, it would be good to try it and see if it helps this situation.

Let me know how it goes,

Chloe Elliott
    Jama Software
    Portland OR

• 3.  RE: Removed items stay tagged

Posted 18 days ago
    Thank you Chloe, unfortunately it didn't help. I have workaround by creating new tag and removing the one with faulty entries, however it will be time consuming. Any other ideas? I think I can describe the issue more clear: removed items are still visible under tags which they have before removal.
    BR,
    Kuba

Jakub Malek
    Rockwell Automation

• 4.  RE: Removed items stay tagged

Posted 18 days ago
    Jakub,

Ok, did some more digging, are you seeing the tag but it has a "0" in it like this: Fruits(0)?

If so, you have to go into the project configuration to manage those tags and delete them. See this user guide page to see: Manage Tags. Essentially, you will need to go to this panel:

From here you can delete the tag completely. Sorry for the confusion here, hopefully I now have you in the right direction.

Best,

Chloe Elliott
    Jama Software
    Portland OR

• 5.  RE: Removed items stay tagged

Posted 17 days ago
    I've probably confused you with last message :). So here are my steps:
    1. create tag "vege"
    2. add 500 requirements via api, all tagged with "vege"
    3. noticed mistake in those 500 reqs, deleted them manually via Jama (not API), haven't do anything with tags
    4. Verified that requirements are not visible in directories (haven't checked the tags)
    5. correct mistake and create 500 reqs again with tag "vege"

Expected behavior:
    "vege" tag has 500 items, created in step 5

Actual behavior:
    "vege" tag has 1000 items. It shows and count first 500 which were removed. When clicked on any removed item from tag list, it says that it has been removed (which is true).

Jakub Malek
    Rockwell Automation

• 6.  RE: Removed items stay tagged

Posted 17 days ago
    Jakub:

Thank you for those steps, it was very helpful. I did a test on my instance without the REST API first, just to see the UI behavior and then I asked one our DSE's to test it using the REST API. We were not able to recreate the situation you are reporting. I am wondering about a few things:

1. Is any other user seeing the same thing in their instance while looking at this project?
    2. If you are the only one seeing this, have you looked at emptying the browser cache?
    3. Could you also look into doing a Project level reindex and see if that helps realign everything?

If none of these steps help, I would then suggest asking one of your Named Support Contacts to make a Support ticket with us using the Support portal. It might help to have one of the technicians here do a screen-share and see this behavior in person.

Best,

Chloe Elliott
    Jama Software
    Portland OR

• 7.  RE: Removed items stay tagged

Posted 10 days ago
    Thank you Chloe. To answer your questions:
    1. I don't know, I was the only one using the project at the time
    2. I haven't tried this
    3. I don't have admin rights, but I can ask a friend who has to try.
    Nevertheless I've applied workaround and created new tags, then removed old ones. So I cannot see issue anymore. However, when I have a minute, I will try to play with this again to see if I can recreate and check your recommendations.
    BR,
    Kuba

Jakub Malek
    Rockwell Automation

• 8.  RE: Removed items stay tagged

Posted 8 days ago
    Jakub,

Great, interested to hear. Standing by until we hear from you again.

Best,

Chloe Elliott
    Jama Software
    Portland OR