Support

Expand all | Collapse all

Project Category Field

• 1.  Project Category Field

Posted 07-19-2017 06:18
    Hi,

I'm looking for more information on the Category field in the Project details. The only option I get in the drop-down is 'New Development'. Is there any way to add more options to this drop-down?

------------------------------
    Alistair McBain

• 2.  RE: Project Category Field

Posted 07-19-2017 12:27
    Hi Alistair,

This selection is controlled by a pick list that's editable by an organization admin (via Admin > Pick Lists > Project Category).

Kristina King
    Jama Software

• 3.  RE: Project Category Field

Posted 07-27-2017 08:26
    I'm having the same issue (Project Category) has only one item in the picklist, and the Project Category Picklist is missing.
    I have ADMIN privileges and can see & edit all the other picklist(s), but this one is missing.

Steven Besser
    Olympus OSSA
    Waltham MA
    781-419-4811

• 4.  RE: Project Category Field

Posted 07-27-2017 14:39
    Hi @Alistair and @Steven! I just discovered something interesting about this particular pick list.
    We redid our sample data set with our 2015.2 release. The "Project Category" pick list was renamed "Project Group" in Admin > Pick Lists. However, the "Project Category" field in the Configure Project panel was not changed, causing this confusion.

So if your version of Jama is newer than mid-2015, you will need to edit the "Project Group" pick list instead of the "Category" pick list. Moreover, there was a defect, SOS-DEF-1597, that caused new values in the pick list to not show up in the Configure Project field until you logged out of Jama and logged back in.

Your problems should be resolved if you edit the "Group" pick list, log out, and log back in to make the Project > Configure Project change.

Kristina King
    Jama Software

• 5.  RE: Project Category Field

Posted 08-08-2017 02:56
    Hi @Kristina,

Got it now ! Thanks for the info.

Regards

Alistair

Alistair McBain