Support

Expand all | Collapse all

Review center edits all provide notify option - live project does not

• 1.  Review center edits all provide notify option - live project does not

Posted 07-02-2020 14:16
    I think i'm seeing inconsistent behavior on items between review center and the live project.

Edits in review center seem to always offer the editor the option to 'notify' and thus put in a user comment that details the change made.

The same is not true in the live project. Live project item edits never offer an option to 'notify' unless you deliberately select the notify option 'Save & Notify'.

I assume this is the intended functionality, that review center defaults to 'Save & Notify' on any edits.

Can you confirm this is the case? Could we have an admin option or option on item types, perhaps configurable at project level to require that all edits are 'Save & Notify'? I would like to enforce this to ensure we get a prompt for users to enter the related task/issue key from our task management system that relates to a change. Similar to commit logs in SCM tools.

------------------------------
    Jamie Wardlaw
    Lucid Motors

• 2.  RE: Review center edits all provide notify option - live project does not

Posted 07-06-2020 14:57
    Hi Jamie:

Yes, this is on purpose. The functionality of the Review Center, by nature, is highly collaborative as the main feedback part of Jama. While in the main project, you might not want to have everyone notified of every accumulated edit to the item. You have the option to "notify" but it is not defaulted as such outside of the Review Center.

You have some options with Workflow, where you could setup a notification for different item transitions. You would have to work with your Organizational Admin to apply these to your project. See example workflow, there is a notification lane, where you can set the notifications to user groups if a certain specified item transition happens:

Chloe Elliott
    Jama Software
    Portland OR