Support

Expand all | Collapse all

Create/Rename Baseline Folder Name in Baseline Tab

• 1.  Create/Rename Baseline Folder Name in Baseline Tab

Posted 07-09-2018 13:12
    Edited by Roger Zhou 07-09-2018 13:11
    ​Hi,

Need capability for users with the Project Management Permission right to create/rename/move baseline folders.  The reasons to require project management capabilities are:

1. Separate baseline folder between project/product release baseline and Jama review default baseline.  For example, two baseline folder named "Release" and "Review", move all review default baseline folders into the "Review" folder; and move all release baseline folders into the "Release" folder. 
    2. Build hierarchy of release/review baseline structure. 

Thanks for your consideration.

Best Regards
    Roger

• 2.  RE: Create/Rename Baseline Folder Name in Baseline Tab

Posted 07-09-2018 16:38
    Roger:

Hello, thank you for posting in the Jama Community! I agree that having a "directory structure" approach to organize the baselines based on project management needs would be an excellent feature. Especially, if you use the feature a lot. Currently, this is not functionality we have with the Jama Baselines functionality.

Some other customers feel the same as you and I wanted to encourage you to add your user-case to this Feature Requests thread, it has already been linked to internal tracking of the Baseline feature and we would love to have your suggestions there as well. Here's an article that describes our Feature Request process. I encourage you to use this thread to really outline 1.) the problem you are facing and 2.) how this feature would be a solution, creating added functionality for your organization in Jama.

We will not respond individually to these feature requests with status updates or comments, however, you should expect to see a community post from our Product team after each planning session. We will work to keep you updated on what you should expect to see in Jama and how your feedback shapes the roadmap.

Best,

------------------------------
    Chloe Elliott
    Business Support Engineer
    ------------------------------