Support

Expand all | Collapse all

Keywords in embedded filters

• 1.  Keywords in embedded filters

Posted 06-09-2017 07:38
    Is there any advanced documentation on using Keywords in embedded filters? I found a blog entry saying using Keywords can be used in embedded filters. I'm specifically looking for the enumerated list of Keywords, formatting of Keywords, and if "Location" is a keyword and if so, how to use it.

------------------------------
    Andrew

• 2.  RE: Keywords in embedded filters

Posted 06-09-2017 10:24
    Edited by Kristina 01-31-2020 17:22
    Hi @Andrew!

In this case, Keyword refers to the database field of an item type (which is something you have to locate in Admin > Item Types > [item type] > Config > Field). So some of these fields will be stock Jama fields (name, description), but when it's a stock Jama field, it will likely be in a drop-down for use in embedded fields. The (sparse) documentation that exists for this functionality can be found in the help guide;  it's the last bullet point on the Search Tips page.

Location, however is a different beast-it's not a configured field on items, so it is not possible to use it as a keyword in embedded filters. There is a feature request for this if you want to add your voice.

Kristina King
    Jama Software

• 3.  RE: Keywords in embedded filters

Posted 06-09-2017 11:45
    Thanks @Kristina! Unfortunately I'm not an Admin, so I can't see that menu. I'll have to talk to someone on project who is.

I added a reply to the discussion you mentioned.

Andrew

• 4.  RE: Keywords in embedded filters

Posted 06-09-2017 11:58
    Perfect. Thanks for providing all the necessary context there.

Kristina King
    Jama Software