Support

Expand all | Collapse all

Jama API search by global ID

• 1.  Jama API search by global ID

Posted 11 days ago
    Hello,

Is there an endpoint in the Jama API that allows users to search by the global ID? Currently, the only way I seem to be able to find an item by global ID is by using the GET method for abstract items and using the contains parameter to search for a specific global ID. This would seem to work for most cases but if by some chance that another item has a reference to that global ID somewhere in its fields. (e.g. searching for GID-1 but GID-2 talks about GID-1 in it's description). Please let me know if there is a solution, thank you for your time!

------------------------------
    Mahalo,
    Emmit Parubrub

• 2.  RE: Jama API search by global ID

Posted 11 days ago
    Hi Emmit

We in support would recommend searching for the Unique ID instead. If you utilize Reuse & Sync you'll likely have the problem you mentioned. If you'd still prefer to search for the GID, the abstract items endpoint that you're already calling is the best way, currently, and anything else would require some custom scripting to exclude results after the call had been made. That would be something you would request from your Account Manager.

Hope this helped answer your question, let us know if you need anymore details.

Thank you

Godiva Hunt

• 3.  RE: Jama API search by global ID

Posted 8 days ago
    Hi,

here is an extract from a vba macro I use:
    request = "/rest/latest/abstractitems?project=" + project + "&contains=%22" + Field + "%3A" + searchValue + "%22"

Field is a variable that holds the fieldname.

Harald Hotz-Behofsits
    Frequentis AG

• 4.  RE: Jama API search by global ID

Posted 7 days ago
    Here a sample url that I created with jama_url/api-docs

https://jamatest.frequentis.com/rest/latest/abstractitems?project=16&contains=%22globalId%3AGID-2487%22

so having the gid GID-2487 in a description elsewhere does not return that.

the readable content in the contains-field is
    "globalId:GID-2487"

Harald Hotz-Behofsits
    Frequentis AG