Support

Expand all | Collapse all

Attachments

• 1.  Attachments

Posted 11-20-2019 20:19
    I have a very detailed visio block diagram for my project that I would like to upload as an attachment. Is there an easy way to accomplish this?

------------------------------
    Katie Douglas
    General Atomics Aeronautical Systems Inc.

• 2.  RE: Attachments

Posted 11-21-2019 08:50
    Edited by Chloe Elliott 11-21-2019 08:52
    Katie:

Ok, so if you need this to be a project wide diagram, where others can access it in a central project attachment file then you are going to want to have Project Admin permissions or above. Then you will need to  click the Cog icon and pick "Configure Project":

From here you will come to this window:

Click the "Attachments" tab then click the "Add Attachment" paperclip.

From there you should be able to upload any attachments you want to have readily available to the Project to upload using the Rich Text Editor and/or if you have an item-type configured to have a separate "Attachment Field"

Katie, if you just need to attach a diagram to a particular item you can simply go into that item and upload and attach it as a link and/or actual visual in the item (anywhere where rich text is enabled) Here are the instructions for that: Insert Rich Text Images and Insert Rich Text Links. FYI, inserting the attachment link directly into the Description field of an item is my go-to because it ensures that my attachments will show up in any Reviews. When you use the separate "Attachment field" this will not bubble up to the Review and Reviewers will have to click into the item to see it there. Just something to keep in mind Katie!

Let me know if you have any other questions!

Chloe Elliott
    Jama Software
    Portland OR