Support

• 1.  Jama Heading

Posted 26 days ago
    I have my own heading number I like to use in Jama report, instead of the default Jama heading. Is it possible to override the Jama heading in both Table of Contents and items?

For example, I want to replace Jama heading of 10.2.1 with my own 15.2.1.

Thanks,

Woon

------------------------------
    Woon Chung
    Eviation

• 2.  RE: Jama Heading

Posted 18 days ago
    Hello Woon,

Thank you for posting in the Community.

Component-Based Documents: When creating documents in components, the name of the component will become the title of the document.  Each Text Item or Set added as a direct child of the Component will create a Heading 1 when exported to the document.  The description of each Text item will appear after the heading.  Each Folder added as a child of a Set will become a Heading 2 in the exported document. Each Sub-Folder will create a Heading 3-6 depending on the hierarchy created in Jama.

Set-Based Documents: When creating documents in components, the name of the set will become the title of the document.  Each Text Item or folder added as a direct child of the Component will create a Heading 1 when exported to the document.  The description of each Text item will appear after the heading.  Each Folder added as a child of another folder will become a Heading 2-6 in the exported document.

I hope this is helpful in understanding ways to create documents, which impacts headings.

Amanda Jennewein She/Her
    Manager, Customer Support
    Jama Software
    Portland OR