Support

Expand all | Collapse all

Attachments in test run

• 1.  Attachments in test run

Posted 08-28-2018 23:44
    ​Hello! I would like to ask about Test run attachments.

There's a possibility to take for example print screens during testing and add them to Execute test -window (pls see below). But is there any possible way to see attachments or even to see that there are attachments in the window, other than go through every Execute test -window?
    Attachments don't show in test run view.

Thank you for your patience with this new JAMA admin and have a nice day!

------------------------------
    Mari Leipola
    Project assistant
    Finland

• 2.  RE: Attachments in test run

Posted 08-30-2018 06:02
    Are you using the actual Attachments field above the steps or are you using the Actual Results field below the steps?

The 'workaround' we have found is to note in the Actual Results field "see screenshot below" and then embed the image. Then if you go back to your Test Run screen, you can configure in your view to show the Actual Results field. You will see the "see screenshot below" verbiage, but not the actual image, but you have an indicator that there are some images at that point. You could also say "see attachment" in the Actual Results field as well, and then add the attachment to the Attachments field.

Just a couple suggestions.

Angela Southworth
    Jackson National Life Insurance Company

• 3.  RE: Attachments in test run

Posted 08-30-2018 06:25
    Angela:

Really great workaround, thank you for collaborating here!

Mari:

I would do what Angela suggested and use the Rich Text Editor in the Actual Results field to embed your screenshots / create "screenshot" indicator, here is what that would look like during the test run (arrows pointing to the icon for embedding images and the text "See Screen Shot":

And then this is how it would look when you go back to the Test Run Screen (arrow pointing to text "See Screen Shot" we can now see in this view):

Chloe Elliott
    Jama Software

• 4.  RE: Attachments in test run

Posted 08-30-2018 23:40
    ​Thank you Angela and Chloe! Oh how I wish I had found this community earlier :)

Do you happen to know if there's a feature request of this feature?

Mari Leipola
    Project assistant
    Finland

• 5.  RE: Attachments in test run

Posted 08-31-2018 06:20
    I've not stumbled across a feature request for this particular item, but that is not to say their isn't one.

One thing I would add: If you embed your screenshots as Chloe and I suggested, these images will be view-able within Review Center should you route the results out via Review Center for review. If you use the attachment section, you will not see these in Review Center.

Angela Southworth
    Jackson National Life Insurance Company

• 6.  RE: Attachments in test run

Posted 08-31-2018 10:39
    Mari:

I was not able to find a Feature Request that matched your use-case. Feel free to go to the Feature Request Section of the Community and create a discussion thread.

Angela:

Great insight about the Review Center! You are right, attachments cannot be viewed directly in the Review Center - you have to look at the item directly, open and view the attachment. This makes an interesting workaround for that. I would give a "general" warning against extreme usage of images and screenshots in the Test Center, depending on your individual system capabilities.

Chloe Elliott
    Jama Software

• 7.  RE: Attachments in test run

Posted 09-03-2018 23:23
    ​Thank you both!

I hope this is not too unethical to ask here, but how do you send test runs to review? I know how things are sent to review, but if I send a test plan to review, there's only test case there. I should do something with Review center settings, I guess, but what?

Mari Leipola
    Project assistant
    Finland

• 8.  RE: Attachments in test run

Posted 09-04-2018 03:27
    Create a filter showing all the stuff you want in the review. By using several rules inside that filter you can define the content as needed.

Harald Hotz-Behofsits
    Frequentis AG

• 9.  RE: Attachments in test run

Posted 09-04-2018 14:22
    Harald:

Yes, exactly! Thank you for taking the time to help Mari.

Mari:

Your questions are great, and it's completely what this Community is for. Ask away!

So yes, like Harald said you are going to want to make an Advanced Filter you can save to the Explorer Tree like this one. Here is how you Add or Edit an Advanced Filter. Then here is a link showing you how to send your filtered items to review!

Mari, see the links to the User Guide within the text above. You are on your way!

Chloe Elliott
    Jama Software

• 10.  RE: Attachments in test run

Posted 09-05-2018 02:41
    ​I can't believe how nice and helpful you all are!

Could someone of you be a dear and show i.e. a print screen of the choices you have made to filters (When it comes to reviews)? I think I am getting to understand this option, but with my choices the reviews are not that useful. I would like to have review of a test plan and to see all test run cycles and test run execution windows (because of the attachments made during test runs).

And yes, I hope that I will get a lot more education about JAMA, so that I don't have to ask everything from you guys:)

Mari Leipola
    Project assistant
    Finland

• 11.  RE: Attachments in test run

Posted 09-06-2018 16:33
    Mari:

Sorry it took me awhile to get back to you. A visual journey for making a filter of Test Runs and sending it to Review:

1. click "+Add filter" in the Filters tab - the one with the cute icon of a filter.

2. Make an Advanced Filter.3. a little more on the Advanced filter

4. I love that you can Preview Results before you commit.

5. Send Filter to Review right from the Advanced Filters tab.

Chloe Elliott
    Jama Software

• 12.  RE: Attachments in test run

Posted 09-06-2018 22:57
    Edited by Mari Leipola 09-06-2018 23:02
    ​Many thanks Chloe! Just one (as if) more thing: how do I get to see attachments made during test runs?

E. Oh shoot, I just re-read Angela's message and it says that the arrachments are not visible in reviews. Never mind.

Mari Leipola
    Project assistant
    Finland

• 13.  RE: Attachments in test run

Posted 09-07-2018 08:59
    Mari:

lol It's ok, this is a long thread!

Chloe Elliott
    Jama Software