Support

Expand all | Collapse all

use a template in the description field of test cycle item?

• 1.  use a template in the description field of test cycle item?

Posted 13 days ago
    Hi
    I want to add a template to the Test Cycle Item Description field, is there any way I can do this?.. I dont seem to be able to edit the fields in Admin Panel.

Thanks for your help,

------------------------------
    Jeffrey

• 2.  RE: use a template in the description field of test cycle item?

Posted 13 days ago
    Edited by Chloe Elliott 13 days ago
    Hi Jeffrey:

You can add an Editor Template to the Test Cycle from within the Test Center. Go into the Test Plan of choice click on the Test Runs button on the right side, now you should see this Cycle dropdown. (first pick which cycle you want to edit, I have "Android, Windows" set here) Click Edit Cycle:

Then in the Description RTE field click on the Template icon:

Then it should take you to the Org Templates (Jeffery, the Editor templates is something you should be able to configure from the Org Admin panel). Pick the template you want to use in the Test Cycle:

I chose a template I made for Test Run (just to demo):

If you are wanting to add actual fields (which can be used in Advanced filters) to the Test Cycle item this is not possible. I researched this for another Community member not too long ago, for your reference here is the link to that thread here. I see that you already added on to another Product Idea thread, here is one specifically asking for editable fields within the Test Cycle type.

Best,

Chloe Elliott
    Jama Software
    Portland OR

• 3.  RE: use a template in the description field of test cycle item?

Posted 13 days ago
    Edited by Chloe Elliott 13 days ago
    Jeffrey:

Just wanted to add on that even though you cannot make individual strings in the Editor Template searchable and filterable you can have the whole Description field pulled into a report, if need be.

Best,

Chloe Elliott
    Jama Software
    Portland OR