Support

Expand all | Collapse all

Jama versions (older 4.2.x)

• 1.  Jama versions (older 4.2.x)

Posted 05-19-2017 07:08
    Hello,

I would like to know if there is a Jama version in the 4.2.x series that is after 4.2.7. We are currently rebuilding a Jama system and we need a version in the 4.2.x series, if one is available, after the 4.2.7 that we have.

Best,

James

------------------------------
    James Krych
    GRSi
    SC

• 2.  RE: Jama versions (older 4.2.x)

Posted 05-19-2017 12:54
    Hi James,

After Jama 4.2.7 we changed the naming conventions of Jama. In May 2014 we introduced 2014.1, and we continued this naming convention through the end of 2015. You might consider these versions all "version of the 4.2.x" series because the architecture remained the same. None of these versions are currently supported, though, so we provide them only some of them for the purpose of incremental upgrading (see the Upgrade Path section for those).

In 2016 we updated our deployment model to rely on Docker/Replicated, with the release of Jama 8.x.

Kristina King
    Jama Software

• 3.  RE: Jama versions (older 4.2.x)

Posted 05-23-2017 06:54
    Hi!

I was able to download the 2014_2.zip file. However, what licensing fees, if applicable, are there?

Best,

James

James Krych
    GRSi
    SC

• 4.  RE: Jama versions (older 4.2.x)

Posted 05-23-2017 09:48
    Your license for 4.2.7 will work with 2014.2. (The license is compatible with all versions up to 8.x). If your license is expired, you will need to contact your account manager to get information about the costs to reinstitute it. If you're not sure who that contact is, if you DM me the name of the Jama organization you work with, I can get you connected (I don't see an account associated with GRSi).

Kristina King
    Jama Software