Support

Expand all | Collapse all

Email Domain restriction does not work correctly for review center

• 1.  Email Domain restriction does not work correctly for review center

Posted 09-01-2021 01:41
    Hi,

We are currently still on Jama self hosted version 8.36.1, but I am trying the latest version in a sandbox environment.
    There is the possibility to only allow certain email domains for users to invite new users outside of Jama to Reviews and comment threads.
    In 8.36.1, it was not possible to enter a '-' in the domain field, therefore we were not able to use this feature as our domain has a '-' in it.
    I tried this feature on 8.64.0. It is possible now to enter a '-' and it works for the Stream, but not for the review center. When the entered domain has a '-' in it, the review center always reports "The organization administrator does not allow emails in this domain".

Example settings as below:
    Result in the Review Center:

The same domain works for the Stream:

When using a domain without '-', it works correctly:

Is this a bug?

------------------------------
    Patrick

• 2.  RE: Email Domain restriction does not work correctly for review center

Posted 09-01-2021 15:18
    Edited by Decoteau 09-01-2021 16:17
    Hi Patrick,

Thank you for reaching out about this! I have had a chance to test this in 8.64 and can confirm the same behavior. I would designate this as a defect. I've gone ahead and filed this as this bug:

SOS-DEF-5538 - Review Center: unable to invite users to a Review by email if there is a dash in the email domain.

I haven't found a workaround for this yet. Have you found any ways to work around it on your end?  If so, I will note it in the filed defect.

Decoteau Wilkerson
    Jama Software
    OR

• 3.  RE: Email Domain restriction does not work correctly for review center

Posted 09-01-2021 23:20
    Hi Decoteau,

thanks for the confirmation and for filing the bug. Looking forward to the fix ;-)

We also don't have a workaround. We are just not allowing users to invite others outside of Jama at the moment.

Thanks

Patrick

• 4.  RE: Email Domain restriction does not work correctly for review center

Posted 09-02-2021 09:47
    Hi Patrick,

Thank you for this note. I have made sure to share that detail with our engineers so they can understand the impact it's having on your review process. Please reach out to me with any other questions!

Decoteau Wilkerson
    Jama Software
    OR