Support

Expand all | Collapse all

Velocity - testCycle.getTestRunsets() doesn't return all test sets under some circumstances

• 1.  Velocity - testCycle.getTestRunsets() doesn't return all test sets under some circumstances

Posted 26 days ago
    When I follow this sequence testCycle.getTestRunsets() doesn't return all the test sets that are included in a test cycle.
    1. Create a Test Plan with one Test Group ("Functional").
    2. Create a Test Cycle called "​First Pass" and include the "Functional" Test Group.
    3. Add 2 more Test Groups - "Electrical" and "Mechanical".
    4. Edit "First Pass" and select "Electrical" and "Mechanical" but not "Functional".
    5. In a Velocity report, print out the names of the Test Run Sets returned by testCycle.getTestRunsets(). The output will list "Electrical" and "Mechanical" but not "Functional".

Is there another command associated with Test Cycle that will return a list of all the Test Runs visible in the Jama UI Test Cycle list view? Or do I need to take a different path, like the one used in one of the sample reports?
    Test plan id - Test Plan - Test Set IDs - Test Set (Group?) - list of test Set (Group?) Cases - Test Case - list of test run ids - test run - test plan id of test run

Thanks,

------------------------------
    Theresa
    Fujifilm SonoSite
    WA United States

• 2.  RE: Velocity - testCycle.getTestRunsets() doesn't return all test sets under some circumstances

Posted 26 days ago
    Hi Theresa -
    I am a little confused about what you just described. If you edit the Test Case and select Electrical and Mechanical but not Functional, does that mean that you deselected it? Because if so, then it wouldn't appear in the Test Cycle as a Test Run Set.

If you mispoke and mean that you selected them all then the following comment is for you:

As you have probably discovered, the Test Center API is not intuitive. I haven't tested your code, but I do see that the sample reports get the test run sets in a different way. I can't remember why we did it that way - it was years ago when the code was written, but it could be that the way you have gone about it doesn't work. Something about that rings a bell. I think you are right that you will have to get Test Runs, then use them to get your Test Run Set.

Shawnna Williams
    Jama Software