Release Notes and Announcements

Expand all | Collapse all

Number of items in a JAMA project quota

• 1.  Number of items in a JAMA project quota

Posted 02-22-2019 15:18
    Is 25000 the limit for the number of total items that JAMA will support in a project within the tool?

------------------------------
    Alberto Blanco
    Melbourne FL

• 2.  RE: Number of items in a JAMA project quota

Posted 02-22-2019 15:27
    We have projects with much more items, so 25000 is significantly below that. Invest in sufficient memory 128mb, don't use the default settings,  there must be more memory free than the elasticsearch files need storage.

Harald Hotz-Behofsits
    Frequentis AG

• 3.  RE: Number of items in a JAMA project quota

Posted 02-23-2019 18:56
    Alberto:

You can use this Estimate Application Server Size table to give you an idea on what server size you will need to hold certain data thresholds. This table gives you a good guide for what your whole instance can support on the whole. We have recommendations for the amount of items per project in general (this is what you see in the System Health Report) but, these thresholds can be ​sized up and down depending on what else is going on in your environment to support it.

Best,

Chloe Elliott
    Jama Software
    Portland OR

• 4.  RE: Number of items in a JAMA project quota

Posted 02-25-2019 14:46
    Ms. Elliott,
      What would we have to do as a client to enlist your help in working this sizing problem out? Thales USA has several sites in the country and I need to get a handle on how to approach this. Are the applications specified by site (i.e. Melbourne Florida, Irvine California, etc.)? Please advise.

Thanks.

Albert Blanco
    (321) 432-0780 mobile

Alberto Blanco
    Melbourne FL

• 5.  RE: Number of items in a JAMA project quota

Posted 02-25-2019 15:34
    Alberto:

Certainly, we can help, thank you for asking. One of our Account Managers will be reaching out to coordinate a call to discuss assistance from our Consulting organization.

Best,

Chloe Elliott
    Jama Software
    Portland OR

• 6.  RE: Number of items in a JAMA project quota

Posted 03-06-2019 13:01
    Ms. Elliott,
      I discovered that the issue of the number of items for a project in Thales USA was attached to an implementation cost. I have been working issues we are having with the creation of views in the workbench JAMA environment and had these questions:
    (1.) Are views only good for a user session?
    (2.) I can create and save a filter view in Coverage Explorer. Is it possible to save a custom view for reuse by others in the workbench environment (i.e. post them in a common location)?
    Please advise.
    Thanks,
    Albert Blanco
    P.S. I would like to know who the JAMA representative is for Thales USA if you could find that information. AB

Alberto Blanco
    Melbourne FL

• 7.  RE: Number of items in a JAMA project quota

Posted 03-07-2019 15:48
    Alberto:

1.) Depends on the type of view you are referring to.
    2.) Looks like you are interested in views in Coverage Explorer? The view you saved in the Coverage Explorer will also be available for reuse by others if they have permissions to the project and they go into the Coverage Explorer.

I sent you the email to your Account Manager in another message.

Thank you,

Chloe Elliott
    Jama Software
    Portland OR