Stakeholders should be able to unlock their own test runs

Chris Jenkins
edited August 2016 in
Hi,

As a stakeholder user, there is a test run locked by me from when I was using a creator licence.

Now as a stakeholder I cannot unlock that item, even though it is locked by me.

Could this be allowed in a future release?

Cheers,
Chris

Comments

• Kristina King
    edited June 2016
    Chris, this is an interesting quirk you bring up. The Stakeholder license type is considered a Read/Review license only, so even innocuous actions such as locking are not allowed. The test run will have to be unlocked by an admin. I'm looking into this to see if we can solve the problem for you or consider it a feature request.
  • Kristina King
    edited June 2016
    Chris, I just wanted to get back to you on this. I wasn't able to find a workaround for this problem, so I think we'll have to consider it an Idea for future development. Thanks!
  • Chris Jenkins
    edited June 2015
    No worries! Thanks for looking into it.
  • Marlen Baker
    edited September 2015
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Stakeholder User Can't Unlock Test Runs Locked by Themselves.

I have a user with a stakeholder licence, and therefore they can open a Test Run. If their session times out the Test Run becomes locked.

But it seems that a Stakeholder user is unable to remove locks, and therefore this user can not unlock the test run item that they themselves have locked!

They really should be able to unlock items they have locked themselves rather than have to ask the admin user to do for them