Tag Notes

Bob Dilly
edited September 2016 in
I found today that a project has accumulated a large number of tags, maybe 50.  About 10 of them had 0 usage so I removed them.  A couple were single characters and frankly, I have no idea of why they were created.

We are making our tags longer with experience to make them more descriptive, but I'd appreciate the ability to associate a note with each - probably a sentence or two, about the intended usage.

Bob

Comments

• swoo Woo
    edited September 2016
    Bob, that's a great idea :-) I usually name my temporary tags swoo_deleteme_after_Oct so at least someone know to leave my tags alone or to bug me later :-) Keep your great ideas coming. swoo
  • Kristina King
    edited June 2016
    Seriously! It makes a lot of sense.

Thanks, Bob.
  • Knowledge Base
    edited March 2016
    What do you use your tags for? There may be other ways to think of a solution than making adjustments to tags. 
  • Bob Dilly
    edited April 2016
    Looking over the list, it's largely about pending work.  I see tags as "transient", i.e. they should not be used to carry permanent information in my mind.  I also understand they are not accessible across project boundaries.

We have a lot of pending work. some of which we may never get to.  So I'm looking at tags created a year or more ago, but can't, honestly, remember what the purpose was.  We also have most of my team editing test cases on 2 continents, and I'd love to have a note that maybe come up like a tool tip, as a reminder of the intended application for each tag.

Does trigger any alternative ideas?

Thanks,
    Bob