Edit cells in table views directly: Test Run view should utilize new List View so edits can be made

[Deleted User]
edited September 2016 in
I would appreciate it if cells in the grid view (test run) could be changed directly. In this way, a test manager could make status changes, without having to open the executed test cases.

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    edited June 2016
    Peter, thank you for joining the community and submitting this idea. Can you clarify a bit for me what you're hoping to be able to change? When you're viewing Test Runs, the Status column can be updated in bulk without having to open each executed test run. Selecting the cases and navigating to Actions > Batch Update Test Run Status will allow this. 

It is possible this is not what you're talking about, however ;) Can you advise?
  • [Deleted User]
    edited September 2016
    Hi Kristina,

I know that I may not suppose to speak for Peter, but let me take a guess. I might be wrong, but I'm guessing that Peter wants the ability to interactively edit the status of several test run's. This will then be similar to the experience of editing items in list view.

Hi Peter, Welcome to the Community. Please correct, clarify, or confirm my guess :-) I think you made an excellent suggestion.

swoo

• [Deleted User]
    edited October 2015
    Hi Peter,
    If Swoo is guessing right, then this has the potential to result is some anomalies e.g. All the steps could be set to fail yet the test run status could be manually set to pass. 
  • [Deleted User]
    edited June 2016

Thank you for your comments Kristina, Swoo & George. I try to explain what we need: The test manager asked me, if I could add some additional fields in the grid-view of the test runs. For example an additional field for a status like 'quality checked' {yes|no} or an additional field for a comment. That would give him the possibility to check the test cases and enter the result of the quality check in the grid-view. If everything would be fine, he could set the status 'quality checked' and could add a comment if needed.

• [Deleted User]
    edited June 2016
    That's true, although it can be done as it is with Batch Update Test Run Status currently. Maybe allowing editing á la new list view would make erroneous result updating too easy?
  • [Deleted User]
    edited June 2016
    Thanks for clarifying, Peter. That makes sense. I'm going to update the title—what it sounds like is your team would benefit from having the new list view abilities (in 2015.1) available in the Test Runs view. 
  • [Deleted User]
    edited October 2015
    I use Jama quite a bit (well lots really) but I've never spotted this feature. I'm always happy to learn something new.

Whilst "Batch Update Test Run Status" does exactly that, it also changes all the test cases steps to match, which avoids the anomaly pointed out above.

I'll point this feature out to our test team as it might save them some time.
  • [Deleted User]
    edited June 2016
    Let me know how that goes, if they decide to try it out.