Case Sensitive Searches and Filtering Needed

Options
Rich Mann
Rich Mann Member Posts: 14
edited November 2016 in
Reading through the filters and search criteria in the Jama User Guide, it appears that filtering and searches are not case sensitive.  I need filtering and searching to be case sensitive.  For example, in a current document in another requirements management tool, if I perform a case sensitive filter for "ROM" I find that there are two occurrences of "ROM" in all CAPS in my document.  However, if I perform a case insensitive search, then my filter returns 959 hits which includes hits on words such as "from," "prompt," etc.  927 of these hits contain the word "from," but I cannot do a filter that excludes "from" because an item that contains "ROM" also contains "from."  The document prints out to 2,000 pages, so with a case insensitive filter, I still need to look at 959 pages to find the two pages that contain "ROM" in all CAPS.

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 160
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Hi Rich. In Jama have you tried using quotations around ROM (e.g. "ROM")? That should narrow your results to only rom, but it wouldn't be case-sensitive.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 68
    edited July 2016
    Options
    This is almost the exact situation we are in. Sometimes we use ALLCAPS to distinguish special use terms from general text.