Can I define a field that is filled in during a test run?

Options
[Deleted User]
[Deleted User] Posts: 1
edited October 2016 in
When we execute a test run, the tester can select Pass/Fail and enter a Result for each step, and they can also enter whatever they want in "Actual Results", but there isn't a way to define a fixed field that the user can fill in?

It seems like everyone has the need to record "Which Version of my Widget am I Testing", it seems odd that there isn't a way to define fields that testers fill in during testing ...

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 911
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Chris, great question. There isn't a way to change what is visible during Test Run Execution. (Because if you add a custom field to a Test Run, it's only visible while editing the Test Run, or viewing it as a single item.) However, I'm really not sure about the design philosophy for limiting the configuration of the Test Run type or the execution window itself.
    Others have pointed out the need to have custom Test Case fields transfer to Test Runs, but I don't think I've heard of this exact need before. I'm going to change this question to an Idea to reflect it as being something you'd like to see in the product.
  • Kyoko Bethke
    Kyoko Bethke Member Posts: 15
    edited October 2016
    Options
    I need to capture a test environment per a test case, not one for all test cases.  So, it would be great if Jama can handle this.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 911
    edited June 2016
    Options
    That's understandable. Thanks for providing context, kyoko.
  • Andrew MacCormack
    Andrew MacCormack Member, Jama Validation Kit (JVK) + Functional Safety Kit (FSK) Posts: 55
    edited August 2020
    Options
    I would suggest that folks who want to see improvements in Test Run capability go here arnd vote: https://community.jamasoftware.com/ideation-home/viewidea?IdeationKey=a04c8083-57fc-4347-80d1-5cd1ea4b4c3f#ItemCommentPanel
    Andrew MacCormack

LumiraDX