Product Idea

Expand all | Collapse all

enterprise administration should be able to restore one single project

• 1.  enterprise administration should be able to restore one single project

Posted 12-11-2015 16:01
    currently backup is only one big file. We like to be able to restore a single project as a kind of rollback.

• 2.  Re: enterprise administration should be able to restore one single project

Posted 12-11-2015 21:41
    Thanks for sharing this idea. Out of curiosity, have you run into any scenarios where you needed to restore just one project from a backup?

• 3.  RE: Re: enterprise administration should be able to restore one single project

Posted 18 days ago
    I see that this an old topic, but my search did not find a solution to this problem.

Can we restore a single project from backup or not?

Thanks.

------------------------------
    Christian Klein
    ON Semiconductor
    South Portland ME

• 4.  RE: Re: enterprise administration should be able to restore one single project

Posted 18 days ago
    @Christian This is still a viable Product Idea! Sounds like you are a +1 for it!

No you cannot restore just a single project, I believe it is all or nothing at this point.​ What problem are you currently attempting to solve with this functionality?

Best,

Chloe Elliott
    Jama Software
    Portland OR

• 5.  RE: Re: enterprise administration should be able to restore one single project

Posted 18 days ago
    We have hundreds of projects and if someone makes a serious error, like converting a whole project to a different item type, we need to be able to revert to a snapshot.
    Manually reverting it back is not feasible.

Christian Klein
    ON Semiconductor
    South Portland ME

• 6.  RE: enterprise administration should be able to restore one single project

Posted 12-09-2016 13:30

Hi Kristina,

This features will be quite useful. For scenarios:

1. Scenario - Very big project user accidentally messed up the tracebility links by running the trace script

2. Complete project snapshot

- The baseline feature of JAMA does not store traces nor the review content 

Since this post ways back a year ago and I think with Jama's older version 2015.xx, do you have any update on this in Jama8. Or any plan to have this feature.

As Jama admin we have a workaround of restoring the data via the DB-backup or the XML. In which ONLY the whole database can be restored. This is very resource intensive and a jama downtime is needed. Then the data and the traceability links needs to be reentered manually if the import scripts are not enough. That's why we only this workaround worst case scenarios.

Waiting for your reply...

Thanks again!

Sarah Kemle
    IT Application Owner for Jama
    Infineon Technologies

• 7.  RE: enterprise administration should be able to restore one single project

Posted 12-12-2016 07:18

This is a major issue for us and I'd like to put our '+1' behind this request.

A constant high-priority request from our users is for the ability to revert a Jama project (in its entirety: links, comments, the whole shooting match...) back to a particular point in time (analogous with a revert to revision/version). 

This becomes very important when users are applying automation via API integrations. The damage that a script can do to a project is orders higher than a user with a mouse. The problem is that it's very labour intensive to reverse the damage a script has done - most of which needs to be done manually.

We can't use the full database .XML backup because there are multiple projects spanning multiple business units in our Jama instance.

A further benefit of a solution to this problem would be the ability to move projects between different servers. That's a different discussion... :)

Grant More
    Head of Systems Engineering
    Analog Devices

• 8.  RE: enterprise administration should be able to restore one single project

Posted 01-03-2017 18:59

+1 as well for Project Restore/Migration ability

Nick Marmolejo
    Sr System Engineer
    Intel Corporation

• 9.  RE: enterprise administration should be able to restore one single project

Posted 09-11-2017 17:17
    +1 for this feature..

Shrikant Yadav
    Abiomed
    Danvers MA

• 10.  RE: enterprise administration should be able to restore one single project

Posted 09-12-2017 16:05
    I am not quite sure what an enterprise administration is (we have an on-side installation), but we have been begging for a restore point include traceability since we started using Jama (over 5 years ago). You cannot take a snapshot of a project with traceability and review comments - and our company is now getting very, very frustrated by this.
    Being able to take a snapshot and restore a single project could be really beneficial - but I doubt that anyone in Jama understands the importance of relationships.
    Definitely a +1 from us

Markus Molly
    Dynamic Controls

• 11.  RE: enterprise administration should be able to restore one single project

Posted 09-20-2017 01:38
    Hi,

there is the same need. More over this is also connected with the ability to backup and restore old data / projects. It's not necessary to keep all data in Jama production but to be able to move old data to archival instance. We have to kept data for defined period of time but keeping everything in production slows down the system. Our instance is more then 10.2 M of items and about 80 GB for DB with no ability to effectively remove / backup and restore old data.

Vlada

• 12.  RE: enterprise administration should be able to restore one single project

Posted 11-08-2017 07:27
    And another +1, this feature is still on our request list

Matt Heger
    Munich

• 13.  RE: enterprise administration should be able to restore one single project

Posted 11-08-2017 09:17
    another +1.

Harald Hotz-Behofsits
    Frequentis AG

• 14.  RE: enterprise administration should be able to restore one single project

Posted 11-09-2017 10:21
    +1  This would have saved us a lot of trouble recently if we could have backed up one project and restore it.

Tigger
    Crescent Systems, Inc.