Product Idea

Expand all | Collapse all

Auto save

• 1.  Auto save

Posted 02-18-2016 17:49
    Many of my Jama users have jobs with a ton of interruptions, and don't necessarily save their work upon being interrupted. Then when Jama logs them out, they lose their work and get frustrated. Frankly, I'm surprised their isn't an auto-save feature, especially when working on items that have RTF fields and Test steps. The assumption many users have is that there is auto-save (based on their experiences with other web-based and local apps).

• 2.  Re: Auto save

Posted 02-18-2016 18:00
    It is a huge headache and completely agree with you. Just had a phone call yesterday from a user on this exact topic... 2 1/12 hrs of work and Jama logged them out at the 2 hr mark unbeknownst to them. They were working the whole 2 1/12 hours on executing a test case in a run, only to have the inabiity to save when done. I had them screen capture all results/updates and then they had to manually reenter it all.

• 3.  Re: Auto save

Posted 02-18-2016 23:27
    Dutch and Angie, thanks for providing such clear examples of why this is needed. At this point all that can be done is educate (select Save often!). I hope this is a feature we can consider adding.

• 4.  RE: Re: Auto save

Posted 05-30-2018 16:35
    @Kristina - Has there been any further discussion at Jama about adding an Auto Save feature? My company is new to Jama and our test teams are already asking for alternatives to "save early, save often"​.

Thanks!

------------------------------
    Theresa
    WA

• 5.  Re: Auto save

Posted 02-19-2016 08:58
    We have had many headaches with this too. We're writing long use cases and we've lost hours of work due to users accidently closing browsers or the browser crashing

• 6.  RE: Auto save

Posted 02-28-2017 12:02
    We've had this complaint before as well that people have lost work for these sorts of reasons. Auto-save, or some way for the work to be cached or saved as some sort of draft in some way so that work could be paused and then come back to later would be grand.

Brian Hair
    Software Engineer I
    ETC
    Middleton WI

• 7.  RE: Auto save

Posted 02-15-2018 04:41
    Hi everyone,

we would also love to see this feature!

cheers,
    matt

Matt Heger
    Munich

• 8.  RE: Auto save

Posted 05-23-2018 14:11
    Our Test Team is having same issue. All the item types have two option "Save" and "Save and Close", but for Test Runs we have only "Save and Close" option. There is no option to save the Test Runs intermittently and continue working on. So it would be nice to have Auto save feature or at least "Save" button to save the Test Run

Shrikant Yadav
    Abiomed
    Danvers MA

• 9.  RE: Auto save

Posted 05-23-2018 14:42
    That's helpful feedback Brian, Matt, and Shrikant. The editing/authoring experiences could be more consistent while working with test data. This is on our radar as we look at increasing consistency throughout the product in the future.  

Robin Calhoun
    Product Manager
    Jama Software

• 10.  RE: Auto save

Posted 05-30-2018 16:22
    @Shrikant​ - You should be able to resume executing a test even after selecting "Save and Close". My company is new to Jama, and we have recently discovered this issue. I tried it out and it looks like all test results are saved after selecting "Save and Close". To resume, select the same "Execute this Test Run" button you selected to start the test. Please respond if you have a different result.

Theresa
    Fujifilm SonoSite
    WA

• 11.  RE: Auto save

Posted 07-03-2018 02:28
    I am bewildered by the fact that there is no auto-save [which I have been assuming is there by default all this while :( ]

Many of our users are consistently using Jama and when they are attending meetings or are out for lunch or are just working on other things, and being logged-out should be the least of their worries. But, it looks like we will have to educate our users on this, otherwise they lose their data assuming Jama saves all their work.

It has been two years since this feature was requested. Has there been any progress on this? Come on Jama, you can do better than this on such an *Extremely Important" feature.. It will be great if Jama can take this up on highest priority and implement the auto-save feature.

Thank you!

Regards,
    Devang

Devang Sanghrajka

• 12.  RE: Auto save

Posted 07-04-2018 04:21
    Agree on the necessity of this feature. I lost content myself as well this way.

Razvan Costea-Barlutiu
    Laitek

• 13.  RE: Auto save

Posted 07-04-2018 06:24
    I have had this issue frequently. When writing test cases, I will get pulled into a 'short' conference call, only to come back and have been logged out and lost everything.

Cynthia Weber
    Software Test Lead
    ProQuest LLC
    Ann Arbor, MI

• 14.  RE: Auto save

Posted 07-05-2018 03:19
    Totally agree. That happened to us some times (after first time, you learn to Save by your own means...) and always the reaction of people is quite unpleasant. Losing your work due to timeout or also due to network problems is never desired and very unprofitable.

Please consider it in your backlog

Manel

Manel Moreno
    Systelab Technologies

• 15.  RE: Auto save

Posted 09-17-2019 11:27
    I completely agree and fixing this would be a HUGE improvement for the Jama platform.  Many of my users have complained that it is frustrating to lose their work. It's not always apparent when a logout occurs - if a user is working in a text box, it should work like Gmail, OneNote or many other modern editors in that it's always saving, and when you log back in your previous work is still there. ​  Perfromign work in something like Word or Excel to the cut-and-paste into Jama is not lean and waste.  (my users would laugh at this suggestion and roll their eyes at me)   I love Jama and hope that this feature is adopted on a future release ASAP.   Thanks!

Robert Ayers
    A-dec
    Newberg OR
    503-537-2884

• 16.  RE: Auto save

Posted 09-17-2019 11:49

Yes we would like this feature also

This e-mail message (including attachments, if any) is intended for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged, proprietary, confidential and exempt from disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient, you are notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender and erase this e-mail message immediately.

Le présent message électronique (y compris les pièces qui y sont annexées, le cas échéant) s'adresse au destinataire indiqué et peut contenir des renseignements de caractère privé ou confidentiel. Si vous n'êtes pas le destinataire de ce document, nous vous signalons qu'il est strictement interdit de le diffuser, de le distribuer ou de le reproduire. Si ce message vous a été transmis par erreur, veuillez en informer l'expéditeur et le supprimer immédiatement.

• 17.  RE: Auto save

Posted 09-18-2019 11:06
    +1

Sven Schmidberger
    Irdeto

• 18.  RE: Auto save

Posted 09-19-2019 11:50
    +1​

Rebecca Street
    Senior Business Analyst
    GEHA
    Lee's Summit MO
    816-257-5500

• 19.  RE: Auto save

Posted 12 days ago
    Hi,

this would be also very needed feature for our Jama users.

BR,
      Päivi

Päivi Kaste
    Qvantel Oy

• 20.  RE: Auto save

Posted 12 days ago

Yes this would benefit us as well

This e-mail message (including attachments, if any) is intended for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged, proprietary, confidential and exempt from disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient, you are notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender and erase this e-mail message immediately.

Le présent message électronique (y compris les pièces qui y sont annexées, le cas échéant) s'adresse au destinataire indiqué et peut contenir des renseignements de caractère privé ou confidentiel. Si vous n'êtes pas le destinataire de ce document, nous vous signalons qu'il est strictement interdit de le diffuser, de le distribuer ou de le reproduire. Si ce message vous a été transmis par erreur, veuillez en informer l'expéditeur et le supprimer immédiatement.