Can A Reviewer Have 'Read Only' Access To A Review?

Options
Marlen Baker
Marlen Baker Member Posts: 19
edited July 2016 in
I can't find a way to do this for a user with a reviewer licence.

We have a scenario where we want the first review round to be open to all to make comments.

But for the second round to have only a subset of users able to make comments, and for other reviewers to be able to see their comments, responses to them and requirement changes.

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 911
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Hi Marlen, 
    There is not a way to disable commenting on reviews. I'm curious about what this helps accomplish—for what reason should the reviewers be disallowed from making comments in a revision? Is it because the changes are at that point required and no further discussion should be had? Thanks!
  • Marlen Baker
    Marlen Baker Member Posts: 19
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Hi Kristina

Its a commercial thing. The reviewers are from our customers and not within our organisation. So we have to tightly manage project scope.

We like to have specific individuals able to make comments. Other within the customer organisation may not understand the project scope and have their own 'wishlists'. We need the specific individuals to filter out comments that fall outside project scope - so all comments are channeled through them

But we still want that wider audience in the customer orgnaisation to be able to view what they are getting, and the comment/reply chains created during the review.

Thanks
    Marlen
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 911
    edited June 2016
    Options
    OK, I understand. Thanks for explaining your processes. I'll change this to an "Idea" so we can consider this as a future addition.
  • Lauren Cordova
    Lauren Cordova Member Posts: 23
    Options
    We would also like to have a read-only option for reviewers.  In a tradition RACI matrix, there is Responsible, Accountable, Consulted, and Informed.  Informed people should not be able to make suggestions, but they need to look at the content for reference.  We also use the review list for accountability, and we don't want to add Reviewer roles to people who just need to view and reference the content because they aren't actually reviewing anything.
    LC
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Product Manager Posts: 35
    Options
    Hi Lauren,

Our concept of Public Reviews may help with this scenario. I'm not sure if you have used it at your organization, but if not here is a bit of background and all you need to know to set it up.

Public Reviews were designed to make it easier to share a review without actually making the interested party a participant, avoiding unnecessary revisions and impacting review completion stats. The Public Reviews capability can be enabled such that users who have the necessary permissions can see reviews that moderators have set to "Public." (You can also set Public to mean that anyone with Review Center access can see Public Reviews, as indicated in the screenshot below.)
    Shows where Public Reviews can be enabled
    When a review is set to public, the moderator then only invites people who explicitly need to participate in the review.
    Set Public
    For those who are just interested, they can access the review in a read-only role from their "All Public Reviews" section of Review Center. ("My Reviews" is reserved for reviews you have been explicitly invited to). They can view the content, and other users' comments but cannot add their own comments or approvals. Nor are they counted toward the completion stats for the review. 

Public ReviewsYou could also choose to keep the review private while it's active, and set it to public later to make it an accessible reference for those with permissions. 

I'm curious how this aligns with your workflow, Lauren. Thoughts?
  • Lauren Cordova
    Lauren Cordova Member Posts: 23
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Hi @Robin,

Thanks for the suggestion.  Unfortunately, our external reviewers do not have access to anything except what we release via Review Center (Reviewer only licenses).  This is because we want to keep the internal Jama project reserved for our development team to use the collaboration feature for private discussion and decisions that we do not want exposed to the external stakeholders.  In addition, we do not want the external reviewers to view the revision history.  For example, if we are discussing a feature for product development and decide not to include it, we would rather the external reviewers not see that internal discussion (or revision history if we removed or reduced a feature) because it could bias their review.  We would like to prepare internally and then only release final team decisions to the stakeholders for review when they are ready for review (we also don't want the external reviewers seeing a bunch of draft content that's still getting major revisions).  Therefore, the external stakeholders and reviewers will only be able to see Review Center, and if that's the case then I don't think the public option will apply for them, but we would like some stakeholders to be able to read only view the items in Review Center for reference.

Also a side note, we have some government customers with confidential data, and seeing a "Public" tag on the review would probably cause a lot of stress.  Just something to consider for the user interface and messaging.

------------------------------
    LC
    -------------------------------------------
    Original Message:
    Sent: 08-07-2017 20:30
    Subject: Re: Can A Reviewer Have 'Read Only' Access To A Review?

Hi Lauren,

Our concept of Public Reviews may help with this scenario. I'm not sure if you have used it at your organization, but if not here is a bit of background and all you need to know to set it up.

Public Reviews were designed to make it easier to share a review without actually making the interested party a participant, avoiding unnecessary revisions and impacting review completion stats. The Public Reviews capability can be enabled such that users who have the necessary permissions can see reviews that moderators have set to "Public." (You can also set Public to mean that anyone with Review Center access can see Public Reviews, as indicated in the screenshot below.)
    Shows where Public Reviews can be enabled
    When a review is set to public, the moderator then only invites people who explicitly need to participate in the review.
    Set Public
    For those who are just interested, they can access the review in a read-only role from their "All Public Reviews" section of Review Center. ("My Reviews" is reserved for reviews you have been explicitly invited to). They can view the content, and other users' comments but cannot add their own comments or approvals. Nor are they counted toward the completion stats for the review.

Public ReviewsYou could also choose to keep the review private while it's active, and set it to public later to make it an accessible reference for those with permissions.

I'm curious how this aligns with your workflow, Lauren. Thoughts?

Robin Calhoun
    Product Manager
    Jama Software

Original Message:
    Sent: 08-07-2017 18:16

We would also like to have a read-only option for reviewers.  In a tradition RACI matrix, there is Responsible, Accountable, Consulted, and Informed.  Informed people should not be able to make suggestions, but they need to look at the content for reference.  We also use the review list for accountability, and we don't want to add Reviewer roles to people who just need to view and reference the content because they aren't actually reviewing anything.

LC

Original Message:
    Sent: 02-24-2016 17:23

OK, I understand. Thanks for explaining your processes. I'll change this to an "Idea" so we can consider this as a future addition.

LC
  • Robena Sukhu
    Robena Sukhu Member Posts: 23
    edited December 2018
    Options
    It would be great to have an Informed or Consulted role and not track the status of the Review for these roles.  This will avoid the situation of the Reviews remaining as 'in progress'.
    Robena Sukhu
    Sun Life Financial
    ON
    416-496-5456