Version# visible in list view and excel export

Harald Hotz-Behofsits
edited July 2016 in
We need the version# in excel exports, to make that visible in exports this must be available as attribute for list view.

A workaround is known based on the idea in https://community.jamasoftware.com/jama/topics/view-item-version-number-in-coverage-matrix?topic-rep...
But we must not have manual rework to avoid human errors. The roundtrip export itself cannot be used as richtext content is not usable as not displayed nice.

Another solution could be a context sensitive velocity template, but this is not as flexible as the standard excel export and does not provide the same WYSIWYG quality for rich text content.

Comments

• Kristina King
    edited June 2016
    Harald, I agree that exporting the coverage view to access items' versions is not ideal. I checked in with a product manager who said he hadn't heard of this need before. Can you elaborate on why you need to export the version #? Who is the audience for the reports, and what interest do they have in the version number?
  • That would be customers. There would be an exchange by excel files. The version# would be easier to handle than a last change date.
  • Kristina King
    edited June 2016
    OK, so they use the version# to confirm that you made changes based on feedback from them?
  • Hi Kristina,

Do you have any update on the above. I am in need of similar requirement, so just checking whether is this possible?

Thanks,
    Vijay
  • Hi Vijay,
    There have been no changes to the version feature that allow it to be visible in list view and exportable.
  • Jamie Wardlaw
    edited June 2020
    I would also like to see version # in list view and if possible excel exports as ID + Version# is a more complete identification of the requirement. Any more progress on the option?
  • Karen Dorsch
    edited June 2020

This would be useful for us also

This e-mail message (including attachments, if any) is intended for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged, proprietary, confidential and exempt from disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient, you are notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender and erase this e-mail message immediately.

Le présent message électronique (y compris les pièces qui y sont annexées, le cas échéant) s'adresse au destinataire indiqué et peut contenir des renseignements de caractère privé ou confidentiel. Si vous n'êtes pas le destinataire de ce document, nous vous signalons qu'il est strictement interdit de le diffuser, de le distribuer ou de le reproduire. Si ce message vous a été transmis par erreur, veuillez en informer l'expéditeur et le supprimer immédiatement.

-------------------------------------------
    Original Message:
    Sent: 6/23/2020 5:35:00 PM
    Subject: RE: Re: Version# visible in list view and excel export

I would also like to see version # in list view and if possible excel exports as ID + Version# is a more complete identification of the requirement. Any more progress on the option?
  • Jamie Wardlaw
    edited June 2020
    I also noticed it was not readily accessible in review center. The large "V#" at top of review center only relate to the review and not the requirement you are viewing. I don't think it appears anywhere in review center which confused some of our users.

For some more detail on this. For traceability to requirements in downstream external design and implementation documents we use <GLOBAL_ID>v<version#> as our format string for traceability tags. This allows us to identify through coverage analysis tools that Jama requirement version may have superceded that implemented / designed. It is key information on the status of the rqeuirements and should be available for export and for viewing in list view.
  • Jamie Wardlaw
    edited July 2020
    I also noticed that it is accessible in the roundtrip for excel exports. Please make it available in list view and regular exports, if roundtrip can show the version number it must be reasonably trivial to expose it to list view. Or perhaps have a read only custom field that we add that accesses database fields, similar to those we might tap via REST API or velocity templates. That would be a really useful field type.