Product Idea

Expand all | Collapse all

Provide a way to Clear All suspect links in the relationships view

• 1.  Provide a way to Clear All suspect links in the relationships view

Posted 05-11-2016 21:47
    We have LOTS of situations where we have many downstream items (upwards of 20-30 items) that become suspect. Having to click to clear EACH suspect item is painfully slow. And we can't use the project-level Clear All because there are other suspect items we don't want to mess with. I would really appreciate a Clear All option in the relationship view...

Thanks.

• 2.  Re: Provide a way to Clear All suspect links in the relationships view

Posted 05-12-2016 11:20
    There is an easy way to solve that, remove all suspect flags in the item-type definition, then nothing gets suspect anymore.

We faced the same problem, at having to many items, it gets impossible to have a benefit of suspect traces. Latest at seeking for bulk changes on them, this gets obvious.

• 3.  Re: Provide a way to Clear All suspect links in the relationships view

Posted 05-12-2016 12:55
    If you don't need the traceability on that item type, you're right, that's definitely the easiest way to solve this issue, Harald. If it works, it's definitely practical.

Dutch, thanks for posting this idea. I suspect that I'll see quite a few people Me Too this.

• 4.  Re: Provide a way to Clear All suspect links in the relationships view

Posted 05-20-2016 03:37

I would like to have functionality to clear multiple suspect links. But in addition to Dutch's problem I would like to clear them all for multiple items at the time, but with more control than the "Clear All" button.

My problem is that the "Suspect Links" view only show approximately 20 items at the time.I recently did a batch update of an unimportant attribute of 500 items. At the time I did not realize that I would trigger the suspect of all of these items. To clear the suspects of all these items I would need to use the "Clear All" button many 25 times, but in addition I would need to make sure that I do not remove the suspect of other items.

I propose to add an action "Clear suspect" to items. This way it would be easy to use filters and select the wanted items before using "Clear suspect".

I also see that it might be possible to extend the "Suspect Links" view with filters and a "Clear all" button that actually clear all the suspects (not just the 20 that is open in the view). But I believe that the first solution will be more intuative.

• 5.  Re: Provide a way to Clear All suspect links in the relationships view

Posted 05-20-2016 12:47
    Thanks for your comment and suggestion on implementation, vegard. I think the method of clicking Clear All 25 times is ridiculous and needs to change, but I also agree that it would be great to have a more granular approach.

• 6.  RE: Re: Provide a way to Clear All suspect links in the relationships view

Posted 02-06-2020 05:12
    We inherited very high level requirements and are gradually dividing them up into more granular, example, one requirement for all the functionality around an Excel report. This means, until they are split up, that we may have to clear over 600 suspect on one requirement. I know of no way to isolate all the test cases where I could 'clear all' suspect flags.

I know that this is from 2016, but it is still an issue for me.

------------------------------
    Cynthia Weber
    Business Systems Analyst Lead
    ProQuest LLC
    Ann Arbor, MI

• 7.  RE: Re: Provide a way to Clear All suspect links in the relationships view

Posted 02-10-2020 06:30
    We would benefit from this, as well.

Patricia
    BioFire Diagnostics

• 8.  RE: Re: Provide a way to Clear All suspect links in the relationships view

Posted 02-11-2020 05:36
    This feature would be very useful for us too

Lien Bäcker
    Gira, Giersiepen GmbH & Co. KG

• 9.  RE: Re: Provide a way to Clear All suspect links in the relationships view

Posted 02-11-2020 14:11
    My organization would benefit from this.

Michael Mark
    UTC

• 10.  RE: Re: Provide a way to Clear All suspect links in the relationships view

Posted 02-12-2020 03:47
    +1

--

Sven Schmidberger

Compliance Officer

• 11.  RE: Provide a way to Clear All suspect links in the relationships view

Posted 02-12-2020 23:03
    +1 for this feature.

Karthick Ponnuswamy
    Robert Bosch GmbH