Provide a way to Clear All suspect links in the relationships view

Rolland Vandersluis
edited October 2016 in
We have LOTS of situations where we have many downstream items (upwards of 20-30 items) that become suspect. Having to click to clear EACH suspect item is painfully slow. And we can't use the project-level Clear All because there are other suspect items we don't want to mess with. I would really appreciate a Clear All option in the relationship view...

Thanks.

Comments

• Harald Hotz-Behofsits
    edited June 2016
    There is an easy way to solve that, remove all suspect flags in the item-type definition, then nothing gets suspect anymore.

We faced the same problem, at having to many items, it gets impossible to have a benefit of suspect traces. Latest at seeking for bulk changes on them, this gets obvious.
  • Kristina King
    edited June 2016
    If you don't need the traceability on that item type, you're right, that's definitely the easiest way to solve this issue, Harald. If it works, it's definitely practical.

Dutch, thanks for posting this idea. I suspect that I'll see quite a few people Me Too this.
  • Vegard Syre-Aaker
    edited June 2016

I would like to have functionality to clear multiple suspect links. But in addition to Dutch's problem I would like to clear them all for multiple items at the time, but with more control than the "Clear All" button.

My problem is that the "Suspect Links" view only show approximately 20 items at the time.I recently did a batch update of an unimportant attribute of 500 items. At the time I did not realize that I would trigger the suspect of all of these items. To clear the suspects of all these items I would need to use the "Clear All" button many 25 times, but in addition I would need to make sure that I do not remove the suspect of other items.

I propose to add an action "Clear suspect" to items. This way it would be easy to use filters and select the wanted items before using "Clear suspect".

I also see that it might be possible to extend the "Suspect Links" view with filters and a "Clear all" button that actually clear all the suspects (not just the 20 that is open in the view). But I believe that the first solution will be more intuative.

• Kristina King
    edited June 2016
    Thanks for your comment and suggestion on implementation, vegard. I think the method of clicking Clear All 25 times is ridiculous and needs to change, but I also agree that it would be great to have a more granular approach.
  • Cynthia Weber
    edited February 2020
    We inherited very high level requirements and are gradually dividing them up into more granular, example, one requirement for all the functionality around an Excel report. This means, until they are split up, that we may have to clear over 600 suspect on one requirement. I know of no way to isolate all the test cases where I could 'clear all' suspect flags.

I know that this is from 2016, but it is still an issue for me.
  • Patricia Stauffer
    edited February 2020
    We would benefit from this, as well.
    Patricia

BioFire Diagnostics
  • Lien Bäcker
    edited February 2020
    This feature would be very useful for us too
  • Michael Mark
    edited February 2020
    My organization would benefit from this.
  • Sven Schmidberger
    edited February 2020
    +1

--

Sven Schmidberger

Compliance Officer

------Original Message------

My organization would benefit from this.
  • Karthick Ponnuswamy
    edited February 2020
    +1 for this feature.
  • Sven Schmidberger
    edited February 2020
    +1
  • Cynthia Weber
    edited July 2020
    Is there any interest on Jama's end to implement this feature? I'm in the middle of changing a term that is at the heart of our system in almost every URS, FRS, and test case, so clearing the suspect flags is truly onerous.
  • Patricia Stauffer
    edited July 2020
    +1
    Patricia

BioFire Diagnostics
  • Karen Dorsch
    edited July 2020

This would help us as well

-------------------------------------------
    Original Message:
    Sent: 7/8/2020 11:42:00 AM
    Subject: RE: Provide a way to Clear All suspect links in the relationships view

+1
  • Chloe Elliott
    Chloe Elliott Product Team
    edited July 2020
    @Patricia

I would like to invite you to make this request in the new Ideation module. It has a voting process, product review and status feedback loop fueling it. Sounds like this is a popular idea, would you like to champion it in the new module? Here is the link to the new module and the details about the new process.

Patricia (or anyone) I will look for that idea in the "Recent Ideas" on the Community homepage, when I see it I will make sure to attach this thread, as all of these individuals will count as a vote towards this idea in the new module.

Reach out with any questions!
  • Chloe Elliott
    Chloe Elliott Product Team
    edited July 2020
    Cynthia:

Thanks for making the Ideation card here is the card url, in case anyone want to vote on it: 

Add ability to clear all Suspect on a given item

Best,