Need ability to add attachments while logging a defect from a test run

Options
Jessica Monk
Jessica Monk Member Posts: 7
edited November 2016 in

Is there a way to attach a text file to a defect while logging that defect from the test run screen? Here is the scenario:

In my case, I am running a test, and find a defect. I click "log a defect" from the test run screen which opens a screen on the side of the test run with all the fields we have created for our defect type. In the description field we have a text box and can add images to the description just fine, but there is no way to add a text attachment (like a word document or a .txt file), or any other type of file to the defect. Many times I have a CDI trace or Wireshark capture I would like to add directly to the bug while I am logging it, but am not able to do that directly within the "log a defect" area of the test run itself.

After I log the bug and finish the test run, I can then view the bug in a different screen where I can then add an attachment to the defect (b/c we have the "Attachments" widget configured for that item type, I believe). It would just be very convenient to be able to add attachments right then and there instead of having to complete the test, then go find the defect that was logged, and then add it from the other view.

Am I missing something here? Is there a way to allow attachments directly from the "Log Defect" screen? Or does this feature not exist?

Thanks for your help!

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 911
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Jessica, you are not missing anything. You have a solid understanding of defect logging in Jama. It is just not possible to add an attachment to the Defect via the Log a Defect screen. I'm going to change this question to an Idea to reflect the fact that we need to consider it as a feature request.