Increased Visibility for Review Center: Need traceability and relationships

John Sarafin
edited November 2016 in
During the review process, you are able to review an item and sign offcomment on changes.  Unfortunately, the stakeholder can not determine the impact of the change relating to other items (requirements) within the project. Review Center does not have the option for viewing traceability.  The stakeholder would have to exit Review Center to view traceability.  Its an extra step for the user to perform.

Comments

• swoo Woo
    edited September 2016
    John, this is a good idea. Thanks for mentioning this. This is especially ironic because there is a 5min great video on the benefits and usage of Review Center; one of the symbolic images they used in the introduction is one of tracibility matrix, implying that it is possible to review relationships and related items. I am sure @Kristina will take your excellent idea. Swoo
  • Kristina King
    edited June 2016
    John, thanks for posting it. This is one of those features that is on the top of my list. I'll keep you posted as I become aware of plans to see traceability, or at least relationships, in the Review Center. I know our Product team is thinking about it!
  • swoo Woo
    edited September 2016
    @John and Kristina, Of course the better and more elegant enhancement is for Jama to directly enhance Review Center.

Here is an idea that I built upon what RM suggested in another thread.

You might consider trying.

Create a filter. 
    Use that filter for your review with item ID exposed. 
    Open another window. 
    Apply the filter to Explorer. You can then see side-by-side of the items and their context.  

Since the current version of Review Center does not allow a direct way to view/comment on relationships and related items, but at least you can see the downstream relationships in the Explorer in the other window. By clicking on the relationship tab of an item in that window at least you can see the upstream and downstream related items. Can even do a full upstream and downstream impact analysis by doing view/impact analysis

• Edward Choi
    edited November 2016
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Showing relationships in Review Center.

Hi,

Is it possible to show relationships in the Review Center?

Oftentimes we have some information in the item itself, but knowing what items that item is related to (upstream and downstream) is also a key piece of information.

Thanks,

Ed
  • Kristina King
    edited June 2016
    Ed, I just moved your question onto this Idea so we can view it as a feature request.

One other option to consider is Harald's use of Velocity: https://community.jamasoftware.com/jama/topics/how-to-get-relationsship-into-excel-and-import-them-b...

His idea was to create an Excel
    report, then update the requirements with that Excel report to have the
    relationships materialized in a field, making it accessible for the
    review.
  • Edward Choi
    edited July 2016
    Thanks for this. I'm surprised this only has 3 votes, would have thought that more people wanted to be able to review relationships.
  • Angela Southworth
    edited August 2015
    This was a pretty standard topic in the old support site (which I'm sure had more than three votes). I bring it up every chance I get. I track every feature request/idea that my Jama admin team requests.
  • Kristina King
    edited June 2016
    Yeah, it's definitely a well-known need. In the new community there are a handful of other threads about it (various questions) so that might be why there are only three votes. In the archived support forum the topic has 28 votes.
  • Edward Choi
    edited July 2016
    Send me the other threads, and I'll vote on all of them! *two hands up for double-counting* :)
  • Kristina King
    edited June 2016
    Ha! Well, this is the only Idea thread. I'm not sure if the users on the question thread ended up voting here on this one...
  • Tim Delany
    edited September 2016
    Hi @Kristina, is there any update on this topic? It would be very helpful!
  • Tim Delany
    edited September 2016
    Hi @Kristina, is there any update on this topic? It would be very helpful!
  • Rich Mann
    edited November 2016
    Being able to review relationships in Jama Review Center is critical for my organization.  In our former requirements management tool, we frequently rejected requirements based on relationships not being established or for incorrect relationships being established.  In fact, for us, establishing relationships is a prerequisite for entry into peer review and not doing so is automatic grounds for rejection even if all else about the requirement is 100% correct.

We are currently requiring reviewers to verify relationships externally to Jama Review Center.  We are receiving a lot of very negative feedback from users complaining that the process to review relationships outside of Jama Review Center is burdensome and the users are asking why Jama cannot allow them to review such in Review Center.

Therefore, it is critical for us that relationships be reviewable within Jama Review Center.  Such review would include being able to open the related items from Review Center.
  • Kristina King
    edited June 2016
    Thanks for the context, Rich. I'm sorry that the inability to see the relationships is impacting your users to that degree. We've heard a lot of feedback on this, and so (in my mind!) it's the most important thing that's on the road map right now. However, I doubt it will be a quick implementation given the technical overhead—we have to consider baselines and versioning in addition to the relationships piece.
  • ska Turner
    edited October 2016
    The ability to selectively see up and down stream relationships is a welcome addition to the review centre. Thanks.  However, for existing reviews I don't seem to be able to select the option even If the review is  stopped and published to a new revision then restarted. Is there a way of enabling the feature for existing reviews?
  • Kristina King
    edited June 2016
    It is possible to enable the related items view if you publish a new revision. Did you open the wizard when publishing a new revision, or did you just publish a new revision?

The option is in the wizard.
  • ska Turner
    edited October 2016
    I just "Published". I've tried the Wizard now and it works. Thanks.
  • Harald Hotz-Behofsits
    edited June 2016
    I guess this changes the content when requirements got changed after the Review.
  • Kristina King
    edited June 2016
    What's your concern, there? Do you see some unwanted implications?