Test Step Metrics/Reporting

Angela Southworth
edited July 2016 in
We would like to be able to report within the UI some metrics around test case steps.  Currently, metrics are around the test case level.  If we add the tese case steps to our list view, we can see the number of test steps a given test case has, but we then have to export to excel to auto-sum in order to get a total number of test steps.

Testing effort is driven by the number of steps that are executed for a given test case.  Thus, we need to know effort and percentage of completion based on the steps, not just the test case.

Comments

• Kristina King
    edited July 2016
    Good point, Angie. This is on the wish list :)
  • Nicki Repici
    edited March 2018
    I was wondering if there was any traction on this? Our team is also looking for better metrics for testing.
  • Robin Calhoun
    Robin Calhoun Product Manager
    edited March 2018
    Hi Nicki,

Thanks for reaching out! Providing better metrics is a major focus for us this year, particularly around test and review center. Would you be willing to talk to the product team to share more about what you're looking for?

Robin
  • Jennifer Leitch
    edited March 2018
    I saw this pop up, and we currently run SQL queries now and dump that to excel because we don't have anyone to help with report building. I'd have to check with Angie, but we could probably provide the queries we run for test step metrics to help see what we need for our organization.

Thanks!
  • Robin Calhoun
    Robin Calhoun Product Manager
    edited March 2018
    Hi Jennifer,

That would be fantastic! If it's not obvious how to share them here, feel free to email me at rcalhoun@jamasoftware.com.

Robin