Product Idea

Expand all | Collapse all

export to Word should support more than 7 chapter/heading levels

• 1.  export to Word should support more than 7 chapter/heading levels

Posted 01-14-2016 05:40
    currenlty the number of heading level when exporting to Word, is 7.
    Since we use more than 7 levels in the JAMA project tree, we need Word to support more than 7 levels.

• 2.  Re: export to Word should support more than 7 chapter/heading levels

Posted 01-14-2016 14:17
    Thanks, Fred, for sharing this Idea. I have heard from customers in the past a need to support greater than 6 headings upon import of documents—is that a need your organization has as well? Or is it just exporting? 

• 3.  Re: export to Word should support more than 7 chapter/heading levels

Posted 01-15-2016 05:39
    We do not see an immediate need for support greater than 6 levels upon import but wouldn't rukle it out.
    I assume the problem is caused by a (third party?) interface between JAMA and Word and when the restriction for 6 levels in export is solved, it'll probably be solved for import as well.

• 4.  Re: export to Word should support more than 7 chapter/heading levels

Posted 01-15-2016 13:37
    Yeah, you're correct that this is caused by a limitation of the tool we use for the Jama/Word interface (Aspose). Thanks for the added comments!

• 5.  Re: export to Word should support more than 7 chapter/heading levels

Posted 05-23-2016 02:11
    Hello Kristina,
    I am requesting that JAMA support more than 6 levels.  We export to word in order to interface with Third Parties and this would be a great feature to have! Thank you!

• 6.  Re: export to Word should support more than 7 chapter/heading levels

Posted 05-23-2016 12:33
    Ian, we ended up logging a bug for the behavior that Fred described, SOS-DEF-849. The fix for this just went out in our 2016/05/21 hosted release and will be available on-premises soon. The fix will enable exporting to 9 levels deep (as that is the maximum with the third party interface).

• 7.  Re: export to Word should support more than 7 chapter/heading levels

Posted 05-23-2016 13:58
    Kristina, thank you for the update and I'll look out for the release!

• 8.  Re: export to Word should support more than 7 chapter/heading levels

Posted 09-01-2016 22:16
    Hi Kristina,
    I still have the problem with Jama not importing beyond level 6 in the hosted version. Can you please confirm that this fix has been put into hosted version 8.7

• 9.  Re: export to Word should support more than 7 chapter/heading levels

Posted 09-06-2016 15:17
    Hey Amit, this thread is about exporting to Word, not importing. The defect you are encountering, SOS-DEF-498, is not yet fixed.