Feature Requests

Expand all | Collapse all

Exclude certain groups from notification by email

• 1.  Exclude certain groups from notification by email

Posted 09-08-2016 14:38
    We have an organization wide group everyone, providing read access to most projects. This enables the project managers to maintain access right inside the project.

At changing items it is possible when notify checkbox is checked to send emails about that change. I would like to have means to limit that feature.

Rationale:
    By accident a user selected everyone to get informed. The result was a mail flood to more than 500 users, many of them clicked at the same time the link, using all floating licences just in seconds.

Either the ability to exclude certain groups from being selectable in notifications or havin g the ability to switch that all, would be welcome to avoid that in future.

• 2.  Re: Exclude certain groups from notification by email

Posted 09-08-2016 18:09
    Harald, yes, I agree this would be nice to have. I wish the ability to notify was more controlled from the admin/project manager perspective as well as from the end-user perspective. Thanks for bringing this up.

• 3.  RE: Re: Exclude certain groups from notification by email

Posted 11-02-2017 09:35
    We would be interested in turning off or excluding groups as well.  A global flag to disable Notify All would be great as well.

------------------------------
    Tom Therrien
    Verifone

• 4.  RE: Re: Exclude certain groups from notification by email

Posted 10-18-2018 08:05
    Now user is able to select any of the organization level user group and those project specific user groups where he/she is member.  Problem is here that user might send notification as "spam" e-mail for whole Jama user-base who just needs the visibility to this project. This is not a good thing.
    It would be better if the notification can be send only for the project specific groups.  At least there could be a possibility to select if the organization level groups are available for all users or only the organization admins to be used for notification purposes.

Anja
    Finland