reporting on the version of a test case used in an executed test run

Options
[Deleted User]
[Deleted User] Posts: 13
edited September 2016 in
We had an auditor ask us for a report that includes the version of a test case that was used during the formal validation of a test cycle/execution.  I submitted a ticket to Jama Support - the feedback from Jama was that this is not really captured anywhere by Jama and, thus, we are unable to report on it.  This is ticket #30765.

I know that a snapshot of the test case is taken when it is added to a test cycle, but apparently the version of the test case is not also captured.

For audit traceability purposes in a regulated industry (life sciences), we need a way to report on the version of a test case used in a test run.

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 911
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Steve, thanks for posting this. It's really helpful to have the context to understand why this is needed. We're adding this to our list of wants/needs for regulated industries.
  • Bartek Londzin
    Bartek Londzin Member Posts: 2
    edited September 2016
    Options
    The same problem on my site. Do you know any workaround which can be applied here?
  • [Deleted User]
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Hi Bartek,

There is no workaround for this. The information is not tracked in the database.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 160
    edited September 2016
    Options
    @Steve Akillain

It is - and it has been - tracked since 8.5 at least.

REST API:
    testcycles/$selectedTestCycleId/testruns
    [].testCaseVersionNumber
    GUI:

Test Plans -> Test Runs ->(button) Execute This Test Run (on particular testcase)-> (tab) Test Run Details -> (table) Test Case Details:  Version and Current Version

@Kristina King
    If it is not tracked, than what does the information I described refer to ?
  • [Deleted User]
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Hey Piotr, you are absolutely correct. I had initially responded that this was not possible based on the support ticket submitted by Steve. However, as you point out, and some of my other colleagues have confirmed, the REST API call you reference does pull the version of the test case used to create a test run (and that would have been since REST was GA'd in 8.1). And you're right about the GUI—that is not a new feature.

My apologies! Steve and Bartek, take note.