Tags field available in List View

John Sarafin
edited October 2016 in
We have been getting a lot of feedback from our users about having the Tag widget available as a fieldcolumn in the list view.  Our BAs use the Tag widget exclusively and would like to have feature available for sorting purposes.

Comments

• Kristina King
    edited October 2016
    I hear you on that, John, as I've run into that need myself. Rather than treat tags as metadata, we should consider treating them as a field so they can be configured in views (list view, review center, etc.). Thanks for lodging this idea!
  • Maija Isoluoma
    edited April 2016
    Yes, this is a good idea. We use tags a lot so it would be nice to see them also in list view.
  • Edward Choi
    edited October 2016
    Rather than show them as just another field, it would be really neat if the tag name was a header for a column, and then under it there would be checkboxes for which items have been tagged. Just as if each tag were it's own field, with a picklist "Yes/No" (default No).

This would make it really simple to see which items had which tag, and add/remove tags with a single click per item per tag instead of the current multi-click pop-up window method.
  • We need tags added to list view as well.
  • Christoph L
    edited February 2018
    We also have the need for at least displaying the tag within list view. Using multiple items with multiple tags it is cumbersome to have to look in each item at least once or create additional filters for pre-filtering BEFORE you can actually start to WORK based on tagging.
    @Kristina Do you have any updates on this for us? There is also a second thread related to the same issue: https://community.jamasoftware.com/communities/community-home/digestviewer/viewthread/?GroupId=7&MID=10102&CommunityKey=4eac21f6-24d1-4f1e-92bd-76860b52af2c&tab=digestviewer