Review Center Search for item

Harald Hotz-Behofsits
edited October 2016 in
I want to search for an item in the review center by entering the ID (documentKey).

The picture should tell the whole story, there is an item with the ID: CP-STY-1, but is not found by the search.

Real motivation for needing that, this would allow with some kind of webbased test automation strategy to create a tool getting review feedback from an excel sheet into a jame review.

Comments

• Kristina King
    edited June 2016
    Hey Harald, it looks like the search is limited to just the Name and Description fields of an item in Review. I'm checking to see if there's a change in the pipeline.
  • Kristina King
    edited June 2016
    Harald, I checked in with my Product team and was advised that there are plans to enhance the searchability of Review Center, but there is no timeframe set for that.

Because it's working as designed I'm going to change this post from a Problem to an Idea.
  • Ryan Dill
    edited March 2016
    Our users have asked for this capability as well.

In general, in our company we typically recommend users not use the heading ID for keeping track of items, since it changes when items are moved around in the Explorer hierarchy, making the user's memory of the requirement's heading untrustworthy.

This makes it annoying when you can't quickly and easily find a particular requirement ID in the review. We can potentially use workarounds (e.g. browser-based find/search), but those have limitations of their own (https://community.jamasoftware.com/jama/topics/is-there-a-way-to-have-reviewers-search-by-the-unique...).
    Ryan Dill
  • ska Turner
    edited October 2016
    This would be a really useful addition and has been requested many times from our users.  Any news on this being considered?
  • Kristina King
    edited June 2016
    There is no news, yet.
  • Jennifer Leitch
    edited August 2016
    Adding our vote for increased/more robust search capability within the review center. We'd like to be able to search within a review, but also be able to search the reviews available by title/REV ID etc. Thanks!! :D
  • Vladimir Cech
    edited September 2016
    We have asked for this feature 4 year ago https://support.jamasoftware.com/hc/en-us/requests/4221. I do not understand why it is so difficult to implement it (extend current search).
    Vlada
  • Kristina King
    edited September 2016
    Hi Vlad,

It's not usually the difficulty of a feature request that prevents us from building it into Jama. The priority is what drives feature adds, and customer requests like relationships in review center took priority over this—plus there is the strategic roadmap of where we want to take Jama, and that doesn't always mesh with feature requests.
  • Jena Taylor
    edited October 2016

Someone on our product team shared his input/experiences with search functionality:

1. From the Review mode, it is hard to figure out the folder location for the underlying Jama document. So rather than knowing the exact location, including project and sub-folders, you end up having to use the search function to try to find the document. There should be a clear description of the location, ideally with a hyperlink to the folder.

2. The reviews themselves have a unique numbering system that doesn’t link up to the Jama requirements numbers. For example a review lists an item as (4.3.1), but this is actually (XYYZ-REQ-2992 Requirement Summary:). If there is not already a comment on this section of the review there is no way of linking the section of the review to the requirement number. Most of the time, I resort to having two instances of Jama up at once.

On the right screen I am reading comments in Review mode, and on the left screen, I have the same PSD up in normal mode so I can make edits. I know this can be done in Moderator mode in the review itself -- but the bottom line is the Review should more clearly link the sections to the requirement #.

Better still, it would be easier if the review itself list the Requirement # in addition to the other numbers.

• Kristina King
    edited October 2016
    Hey Jenna, I agree on item #1. It would be helpful to have a hyperlink or breadcrumbs for those users with read-only permissions. The variable being users with Reviewer licenses—they can't go into Jama to view the items, so where would the hyperlink take them? (I know that can be programmed around, but that's heavier lifting.)

As far as number two goes, this doesn't completely solve the problem, but an admin can configure the review so that the Jama requirements ID shows up in review: https://community.jamasoftware.com/jama/topics/how-do-i-add-steps-and-other-fields-to-review-center-...