Could we tag or @mention users in the Review Center comments?

Edward Choi
edited October 2016 in
It'd be really nice to have this, as sometimes people miss the relevant comments and you'd like to help draw their attention to these.

Comments

• Tom Strader
    edited September 2015
    We want this as well!
  • Knowledge Base
    edited October 2015
    +1
  • Angela Southworth
    edited May 2015
    We asked for this a long time ago along with several other Review Center enhancements. There were several feature requests or topics on it in the old support community.

Adding "us" to this request as well to show continued support.
  • Kevin Mote
    edited August 2016
    yes, please.
    Kevin

Washington River Protection Solutions (WRPS)
  • Kristina King
    edited June 2016
    Thanks for posting this, Ed! It's obviously a very popular idea, and as Angie mentioned, something that's on our radar. I know we are planning Review Center enhancements, but I'm not sure if this is in that scope or not.
  • Ryan Dill
    edited November 2015
    Our users have asked for this functionality as well.
    Ryan Dill
  • Tatiana Labkovitch
    edited October 2015
    We would like to have it too!
  • Knowledge Base
    edited November 2015
    This would be an awesome enhancement!
  • Tom Green
    edited March 2016
    Our teams would find this useful as well.
    Tom Green
    Thermo Fisher Scientific
  • Dennis Moses
    edited June 2016
    +1 to this from our team as well
  • Huy Tran
    edited August 2016
    Hi Kristina,

Is there any update for this?
  • Kristina King
    edited July 2016
    Hi huytran, 
    No, @mentioning users in the Review Center has not been added to the road map.
  • Bryan Beswick
    edited July 2016
    I just contacted our Jama Installation coordinator asking how to do this very thing.  I would find this immensely helpful.  I frequently want someone that is not on the review to chime-in and help us resolve a single question without me having to queue them for a full review of the spec.

(Adding my voice to the growing chorus that is asking for this.)
  • Kristina King
    edited July 2016
    Thanks, Bryan!
  • Rolland Vandersluis
    edited October 2016
    I couldn't agree more with this enhancement. Our users REALLY want to be able to @mention someone in a Review Center comment because they want someone (regardless of whether they are an invited Review participant) to chime in on some topic. It’s also a way to force someone invited to the review to look at an issue (and make them “Follow” the item). More and more, our Jama users are using Review Center as the primary discussion (collaboration) forum.

With Collaboration being a huge value proposition for selling Jama (it certainly was for us), why not address the @mention capability for reviews??

IMPORTANT: Atlassian has done this well in their Jira web app. And because our users also use Jira, they are expecting to be able to @mention anyone in Review center and get input from others in a timely manner and include them in the Watch list (that would be the Follow list for a Jama). And as more and more people are using Jama, they’re really disappointed that they can’t collaborate in Jama what they can in Jira.

• Kristina King
    edited October 2016
    Dutch, I don't have anything to say except that I agree with you. Review Center is not on the immediate roadmap, but when we focus on it, I'll definitely lobby for this change.
  • adding my vote for this feature request!  :)

------------------------------
    victor
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Original Message:
    Sent: 10-28-2016 19:25
    Subject: Re: Could we tag or @mention users in the Review Center comments?

Dutch, I don't have anything to say except that I agree with you. Review Center is not on the immediate roadmap, but when we focus on it, I'll definitely lobby for this change.

victor
  • I agree...Our user community would like this enhancement.

John Sarafin
  • As a review moderator, I've been hopping out of the Review and into the Project to tag a specific person with a request for clarification/more information to then drag back into the Review. It's cumbersome for me and confusing to reviewers/approvers to get pings from both sides.

+1 on this feature request from me too.

Alaina
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Original Message:
    Sent: 12-06-2016 08:50
    Subject: Re: Could we tag or @mention users in the Review Center comments?

I agree...Our user community would like this enhancement.

John Sarafin
  • Is there an update to this request?  Our team is new to Jama, and asking everyone to check for their names in all the comments is not ideal.  Plus as new comments come in after some reviewers are finished, they are missed and the moderator is having to chase down people that didn't respond to their comments so it's a very manual effort when Jama is advertised as a collaborative product to improve efficiency.
    LC
  • @Lauren no there isn't an update yet.
  • Karen Dorsch
    edited July 2018
    We are new users of Jama and would really like this feature. Without @mention comments will be missed. I agree that it would really contribute to the collaborative nature of Jama. Without @mention reviewers cannot effectively collaborate together,. Can you let us know if there are reasons this can't be implemented since there seems to be a lot of interest in it.
  • Erik Schumacher
    edited August 2018
    This is crucial to the review process.  It is a huge inconvenience and time waster if users have to check all review comments to see if there is any input needed from them.
  • Robena Sukhu
    edited May 2019
    We are also very interested in this feature.  Any plans to implement this soon?
    Robena Sukhu
    Sun Life Financial
    ON
    416-496-5456
  • Elizabeth Rosenberg
    edited May 2019
    Agree. we too think this is needed.
    Elizabeth Rosenberg
    Alight Solutions
  • Jonah Caplan
    edited May 2019
    +1
    Jonah Caplan
    QNX
  • Marlen Baker
    edited May 2019
    And one more
  • Andrew Muhs
    edited June 2019
    We would also like this.
  • Karthick Ponnuswamy
    edited August 2019
    +1 for this request. Otherwise comments are floating.
  • Sven Schmidberger
    edited August 2019
    +1