Management of Reviews

Harald Hotz-Behofsits
edited November 2016 in
Currently we have 1244 Reviews. Every month we get another 100 reviews added.

Seeing the reviews as a flat list is cumbersome with such an amount.

This gets worse when looking at specific projects, the current high score are 170 reviews for a single project.

We would like to have the ability to see the reviews in tree based on the project tree.

Inside a project we would like the possibility to manage a folder structure and to put the reviews as deemed appropriate.

Comments

• Mary Boyd
    edited October 2016
    I agree, there needs to be some way to organize reviews. 
  • Steve A.
    edited October 2016
    I also agree.  We use Reviews very heavily and there is no good way to organize/manage them.
  • Iris Blackburn
    edited October 2016
    Thanks for posting your idea and your reasoning for why this is cumbersome.
    Have you tried archiving closed reviews to release the number of reviews listed? I understand that for 1200 reviews, that could be cumbersome work in and of itself, but could help over time.
  • Harald Hotz-Behofsits
    edited October 2016
    No, we need access to all reviews. We need the ability to show them as source of evidence at an audit. We are under the dictation-ship of DO-278A and similar standards. 
  • Ryan Dill
    edited October 2016
    Just to clarify, archiving a review isn't the same as archiving a project -- When a review is archived, it's still accessible; it just doesn't show up in the default list of reviews, to streamline loading of the review list.

Auditors (or anyone else) can still find the archived reviews by explicitly clicking on "Include archived reviews" at the bottom of Review Center's FILTER BY drop-down.
    Ryan Dill
  • Harald Hotz-Behofsits
    edited October 2016
    understood, but still the reviews are a flat list.

There must be a structure showing how the reviews are related to projects, as well as a substructure is needed grouping the reviews inside the context of a project.

We have projects with up to 50K managed items, this results in a high number of reviews. These projects are maintained over many years. So it might happen that a single project will have much more than 500 reviews.

How to manage that in flat lists?