Creating Tracability Matrix

Options
Jeff Dangler
Jeff Dangler Member Posts: 1
edited September 2016 in
Add option to add Relationship Trace Upstream and Downstream with one selection.

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 911
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Jeff, thanks for joining the community to share your idea. Can you elaborate a little bit on this? I'm curious if you are interested in seeing a change to the way relationships are added to items themselves, or if you'd like to see more information and abilities on the Trace Matrix feature.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 161
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Hi Jeff,  thanks for your idea. Are you asking about Coverage Explorer (which other members of the community has proposed the idea of adding upstream option alread) or about the Tractability Matrix, which is meant to be a 2D depiction of related items? So it actually shows up-stream and down-stream already. Jama does have a built-in global report that show one-level up, per item impact analysis, and another report that can be installed that shows upstream items.

@Kristina and Jama Product Team, after being on the community for 30+ days, I should be allowed  to be rude and blunt once-in-a-while. Trace Matrix has so much promise but is so broken you shall consider hiding this function until it is re-designed. I have so many ideas for the Trace Matrix. In fact my company has developed an in-house proprietary solution to allow filterable, configurable, 2D, write-able Trace Matrix but cannot be shared and re-used directly with others because it based on in-house solutions. I will be happy to show you my requirements/user stories though. Officially you can seek input for my company thru IT channel. Unofficially you can solicit community input and also from "Matrix" swoo :-) 
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 911
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Swoo, I think it's okay to share your honest feedback. I can guarantee we'll at the least read it, if not seriously consider it. Unfortunately I can't share anything about our prioritization unless it's set in stone (as in, being imminently released!). So keep it coming ;) And FWIW I agree that there are limitations keeping Trace Matrix from being great.