up/downstream links as hyperlink in Word export

Fred Roseboom
edited September 2016 in
when down/upstream links are included in the Word template, they should apear as hyperlinks in the Word file

Comments

• Kristina King
    edited June 2016
    Thanks for the idea, Fred. It might be possible to do this with advanced reporting, but for now there isn't a way to do this in Word.
  • swoo Woo
    edited September 2016
    Here is my feedble answer in the other thread.

I did talk to my co-worker. The reason that I saw a copy of a Word with embedded hyperlinks to bookmarks within Word is that he manually added them in Word! Both of us agree that it should be possible to automate this with a VBA macro--I will not get to do this for 2 years--unless Fred works for a non-for-profit organization or this impacts some portion of human civilization greatly--then I may look at it in two weeks.

By the way, the specific use case we have at my company is
         Item
          downsteam items (hyperlinks to Jama, to be replaced by goto_bookmarks)
          upstream items (hyperlinks to Jama, to be replaced by goto_bookmarks)   

The approximate algorithm may be
       edit the Jama Word export template for heading name to have something lik
           <SwooSpecialBookMark>
       embed a VBA macro in the export template
           ask the user whether to execute the VBA to replace the URL with bookmarks
           the VBA will find all hyperlinks and replace with goto_SwooSpecialBookMark+ID
    swoo

p.s. I am not that proficient with Word VBA but I know how to search for answers on the web 80% of the time :-)
  • Adrian Rolufs
    edited March 2016
    You can insert the following fields between a TemplateStart and TemplateEnd in your Word template.

«TableStart:UPSTREAMRELATIONSHIPS»«documentKey», «TableEnd:UPSTREAMRELATIONSHIPS»

This will insert a list of upstream item IDs and each will be a link to the related item in the same Word document.
  • swoo Woo
    edited September 2016
    Hi Adrian, you are correct. I was mistaken. I confirm this behavior this weekend. I updated two other postings but neglected to update this one. Thanks. Swoo

@Kristina, in order to not confuse other users in the future please remove my comment above.
  • D
    D
    edited May 2018

Hi Adrian,

i will join this question also.
    We know that it's possible to add some information about Upstreams between the TemplateStart and TemplateEnd fields. 
    At first: i missing the possiblitie to add the <<id>> (API-ID)
    Secondly: if the Upstream or Downsteam Item is not included in the same Word-Document we have the same Problem like swoo. There is no possibilite to click on a Hyperlink to open Jama.
    These function is important to receive further information.

is there a Work around?
    I tryed to add the Jama-Link in combination with the API-ID (<<id>>) (blablajamajama.net/jama/perspective.req?projectId=01&docId=1111111) but unfortnatly it didnt work

Thanks!

Jama-Version:

Build date: 2017/09/26 16:12 Version: Jama 8.20.2