FedRAMP support (cloud certification for U.S. government)

Options
Kevin Mote
Kevin Mote Member Posts: 23
edited May 2018 in
As a U.S. contractor, my company is prohibited from using the Jama-hosted cloud, which is understandable but unfortunate. However, there is a well-defined pathway by which the Jama cloud could obtain government-sanctioned certification: the FedRAMP program. A vendor such as Jama can obtain certification under this program in as little as 4 months. Obtaining such a certification would expand your potential user-base dramatically, as it would open the doors to all US federal agencies (over 141 listed here), along with all of their contractors. I strongly encourage you to investigate the possibility of becoming an authorized cloud provider so that companies such as ours wouldn't have to waste resources on self-hosting your awesome tool.
Kevin

Washington River Protection Solutions (WRPS)

Comments

• Steve Gotsch
    Steve Gotsch Jama Staff, Product Manager Moderator Posts: 22
    edited June 2018
    Options
    We have looked into this and will continue, however our experience to date has not been that this is the primary barrier for folks interested in using Jama Cloud.

The environment and appetite for cloud continues to change as do our own capabilities and configuration options. I will continue to pull on this thread to make our cloud a better fit for our customers, and when FedRAMP is the primary reason for folks choosing on-premises vs. other additional reasons (often unique to each customer and their IT requirements) I'll start pushing for that direction.