Selecting test cases based on their "priority" while adding a new test cycles

Ilkay Kucuk
edited August 2019 in
While adding a test cycle, I can select test cases by "test groups" and/or "test run status".
I also like to be able to select test cases based on their "priority" while adding a new test cycle.
i.e. Sanity test cycle would include priority 1 test cases from each test group while regression test cycle would include priority 1 & priority 2 test cases.

Comments

• Sebastian Merz
    edited April 2020
    Hi,
    we are also very interested in extending the Testcycle funtionality. I like how Jama offers the possibility to generate different test cycles where users can select different testgroups and status, I think it lacks a bit of configuration-possibility:
    one should be able to select (e.g. multiple select) the test runs that should be repeated.
    Right now it is only possible to "filter" based on the status, but what if one pass test needs to be repeated (e.g. after a SW change) while another does not? Our current workaround is to set the status of the test to "not run", then repeat all not run test in the new cycle and then set the status to pass again (because we still want to have the result of the older run for certification purpose).
    This is inconvenient and could be fixed easily (I guess).

Thank you and best regards,
  • Christian Binard
    edited April 2020

>> "select the test runs that should be repeated" Hi, Losing the old Test Runs at "make Test Runs Current" is also a problem for us since we want to keep track of all activities.

It would be much better to Edit the Cycle and select to only include test runs that most recently had the status "Not current". This would create the new Test Runs (no data loss) so that all latest Test Run are current.

See also Add more options to "Make Test Runs Current"; removing all data is painful.

• Sebastian Merz
    edited April 2020
    Yeah, "make test Runs current" should be avoided as all the content is lost- I would prefer if jama would offer the possibility to "clear" this flag- e.g. update the current testrun with the updated content from the Testcase (but I know that this is not the way it is implemented and that would be a lot or rework).