Clarify feature request voting in Community forum

Options
Tom Green
Tom Green Member Posts: 56
edited September 2019 in
This is a feature request for the Jama Software Community Forum.

Request
  1. Clarify how to "vote" for community feature requests. 
  2. Show the community which features have been selected for implementation (or are implemented).
Motivation
It's not clear how a community members' feature requests gain "votes".  It's not clear which have been selected for implementation; which are implemented.
  • There is a Like button.  Is a vote counted when a Like is given to the root level of a post? 
  • Are replies that receive Likes counted as votes?
  • If a feature request has 100 replies from different community members because it's desirable, but they forget or don't know to Like it, does this feature go unnoticed because it has no votes?
Ideas
  • Have a vote function on the root of a feature request.
  • Show total number of votes received on the root of the feature request.
  • Show a "votes" total column in the thread overview.  Allow sorting.
  • Have a status on the root of a feature request.  Or at least feature requests that are selected for implementation.
  • Default status to "In discussion"; update the status to "planned" or "implemented".
  • Show a "status" column in the thread overview.

Example
Example of a feature request that has lots of replies, but little to no Likes [here].

------------------------------
Tom Green
Thermo Fisher Scientific
------------------------------
Tom Green
Thermo Fisher Scientific

Comments

• Manel Moreno
    Manel Moreno Member Posts: 11
    edited September 2019
    Options
    My support, reply and like to this proposal!
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 79
    edited September 2019
    Options
    It would also be useful to have a way to find back what posts we liked / vote for.
    I haven't found that feature so far and got no good answer from the support blog: not in "My Contributions", not found what to query to enter in search.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Product Team Posts: 375
    edited September 2019
    Options
    Tom:

I am so happy you suggested this here! Love your ideas for added functionality in the Community for Product Ideas/Feature Requests, I will reference this thread in the future when advocating for added features for the Community.

"Clarify how to vote for community feature requests" - That is simple, your "likes" and "replies" all count towards our understanding of your wants and needs. I will say that a reply is more heavily weighted than a "like" simply because we can derive much more information for product discovery from your stated "use-cases". We want to encourage conversations - person to person, community member to community member. 

"Show the community which features have been selected for implementation (or are implemented)." - To clarify, you want us to directly point to particular Feature Requests and say "we implemented your request"? 

Great ideas for implementation, many of which are concentrated on quantifying votes, filtering and showing outcomes accordingly. I am very interested also, in curating an environment where customer ideas flow freely. I would very much appreciate your ideas there.

Best,
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Product Team Posts: 375
    edited September 2019
    Options
    Christian:

Yes, I just tested this and have noticed that I cannot get to my "Likes" as well. It would be useful to be able to go back to our "Likes". We use a third party software for our Community forum, I will check in with them to see if there is a way to let us maneuver back to these kind of contributions.

Thank you for the heads up!