Baseline Permissions

Patricia Stauffer
edited January 2019 in
Currently only users with Project Admin rights can set baselines.

This is becoming a problem for us as we have users working on sets of items within the same project, that have specific permissions for a small set of users.

For example, in Project 123 - Group A users can edit Set A of items, Group B users can edit Set B of items, neither can edit the others' set of items. 

This only becomes an issue when group A needs to set a baseline for Set A, and has to 1) request a project admin set the baseline, 2) ensure that no changes are made in the interim, and 3) wait for the project admin to set the baseline and notify Group A.

This becomes increasingly more complex as one project admin starts to manage these requests for 10+ groups.

It would be great if create / edit rights within a project also included baseline setting, at least as an optional functionality.
Patricia

BioFire Diagnostics

Comments

• Aprajita Mathur
    edited January 2019
    We have the same issue , right now it seems manageable but I agree with time and more projects on board it would be very hard to maintain.
  • Ekaterina Kessner
    edited January 2019
    We have the same issue, we find it unfortunate for example that the manage baselines permission sits in the same pack with the manage project configurations etc. Another point, we use the "Allow non admin users to delete items" set to "no" and we would like baselines to be included into this rule.
  • Johan Hellman
    edited January 2019
    We have the same issue as also noted in this thread.
  • Chloe Elliott
    Chloe Elliott Product Team
    edited September 2019
    @Johan, @Ekaterina, @Aprajita, @Patricia:

Our Product team would love to capture your opinions on Baselines in this survey: Baseline Organization Survey

Best,
  • Alex Frain
    edited September 2019
    I just filled out the survey and have the same request Patricia posted.
    Alex
    Fujifilm Sonosite
  • Chloe Elliott
    Chloe Elliott Product Team
    edited September 2019
    @Alex Perfect! Thank you for your time! 

------------------------------
    Chloe Elliott
    Jama Software
    Portland OR
    -------------------------------------------
    Original Message:
    Sent: 09-11-2019 12:14
    Subject: Baseline Permissions

I just filled out the survey and have the same request Patricia posted.

Alex Frain
    FujiFilm SonoSite
    WA

Original Message:
    Sent: 09-10-2019 12:50

@Johan, @Ekaterina, @Aprajita, @Patricia:

Our Product team would love to capture your opinions on Baselines in this survey: Baseline Organization Survey.

Best,

Chloe Elliott
    Jama Software
    Portland OR

Original Message:
    Sent: 01-31-2019 03:03

Johan Hellman
    Nasdaq

Original Message:
    Sent: 01-04-2019 11:35

This is becoming a problem for us as we have users working on sets of items within the same project, that have specific permissions for a small set of users.

For example, in Project 123 - Group A users can edit Set A of items, Group B users can edit Set B of items, neither can edit the others' set of items.

This only becomes an issue when group A needs to set a baseline for Set A, and has to 1) request a project admin set the baseline, 2) ensure that no changes are made in the interim, and 3) wait for the project admin to set the baseline and notify Group A.

This becomes increasingly more complex as one project admin starts to manage these requests for 10+ groups.

It would be great if create / edit rights within a project also included baseline setting, at least as an optional functionality.

Patricia
    BioFire Diagnostics
  • Ekaterina Kessner
    edited September 2019
    Hi Chloe,

thanks for invitation! I hope our contribution helps to improve Baseline functionality.

Best,
    Ekaterina
  • Julie Goodner
    edited October 2019
    Hello,
    I'm Julie Goodner, one of Jama's product managers. I wanted to update you that we are currently working on updating permissions for baselines thanks to all of the feedback we received.
  • Julie Goodner
    edited December 2019
    Hello,
    I wanted to provide an update on baseline permissions. We will be pushing out changes with the 8.45 cloud release. These changes include allowing users with read/write permissions to create a baseline.
  • Sylvain Bertelli
    edited November 2023

Hello! Was that implemented? We are on Jama 9 and it seems that only certain users can actively create baselines. I mean, review baselines are automatically created without any limitation.

Sylvain Bertelli
    Original Message:
    Sent: 12-03-2019 14:29

Hello,
    I wanted to provide an update on baseline permissions. We will be pushing out changes with the 8.45 cloud release. These changes include allowing users with read/write permissions to create a baseline.

Julie Goodner

Original Message:
    Sent: 10-22-2019 19:18

Hello,
    I'm Julie Goodner, one of Jama's product managers. I wanted to update you that we are currently working on updating permissions for baselines thanks to all of the feedback we received.

Julie Goodner

Original Message:
    Sent: 09-13-2019 03:19

Hi Chloe,

thanks for invitation! I hope our contribution helps to improve Baseline functionality.

Best,
    Ekaterina

Ekaterina Kessner
    MeVis Medical Solutions AG

Original Message:

@Johan Hellman, @Ekaterina Kessner, @Aprajita Mathur, @Patricia Stauffer:

Our Product team would love to capture your opinions on Baselines in this survey: Baseline Organization Survey.

Best,

Chloe Elliott
    Jama Software
    Portland OR

Original Message:

Johan Hellman
    Nasdaq

Original Message:

Patricia
    BioFire Diagnostics
  • Julie Goodner
    edited November 2023

Yes, any user with read/write permissions can create a baseline, you no longer need admin rights.

Julie Goodner
    Sr. Product Manager
    Jama Software
    Original Message:
    Sent: 11-30-2023 05:54

Hello! Was that implemented? We are on Jama 9 and it seems that only certain users can actively create baselines. I mean, review baselines are automatically created without any limitation.

Sylvain Bertelli

Original Message:

Hello,

Julie Goodner

Original Message:

Hello,

Julie Goodner

Original Message:

Hi Chloe,

Best,
    Ekaterina

Ekaterina Kessner

Original Message:

Best,

Chloe Elliott
    Jama Software
    Portland OR

Original Message:

Johan Hellman
    Nasdaq

Original Message:

Patricia
    BioFire Diagnostics

• Alex Frain
    edited November 2023

Hi Julie,

For clarification, does the user need write access to the entire project in order to be able to create a baseline?  If so, a majority of our users have read access to projects with write access to only specific components/sets within each project.  We'd like them to be able to create baselines for the sets they have write access to.  Is this something that's being looked into?  

Alex
    Fujifilm Sonosite
    Original Message:
    Sent: 11-30-2023 07:06

Yes, any user with read/right permissions can create a baseline, you no longer need admin rights.

Julie Goodner
    Sr. Product Manager
    Jama Software

Original Message:

Sylvain Bertelli

Original Message:

Hello,

Julie Goodner

Original Message:

Hello,

Julie Goodner

Original Message:

Hi Chloe,

Best,
    Ekaterina

Ekaterina Kessner

Original Message:

Best,

Chloe Elliott
    Jama Software
    Portland OR

Original Message:

Johan Hellman
    Nasdaq

Original Message:

Patricia
    BioFire Diagnostics
    Alex
    Fujifilm Sonosite
  • Julie Goodner
    edited November 2023

As long as they have write access to the items in the component/set they should be able to create the baseline. Let me know if you want to get on a call to discuss. 

Julie Goodner
    Sr. Product Manager
    Jama Software
    Original Message:
    Sent: 11-30-2023 08:50

Hi Julie,

For clarification, does the user need write access to the entire project in order to be able to create a baseline?  If so, a majority of our users have read access to projects with write access to only specific components/sets within each project.  We'd like them to be able to create baselines for the sets they have write access to.  Is this something that's being looked into?  

Alex
    Fujifilm Sonosite

Original Message:

Yes, any user with read/right permissions can create a baseline, you no longer need admin rights.

Julie Goodner
    Sr. Product Manager
    Jama Software

Original Message:

Sylvain Bertelli

Original Message:

Hello,

Julie Goodner

Original Message:

Hello,

Julie Goodner

Original Message:

Hi Chloe,

Best,
    Ekaterina

Ekaterina Kessner

Original Message:

Best,

Chloe Elliott
    Jama Software
    Portland OR

Original Message:

Johan Hellman
    Nasdaq

Original Message:

Patricia
    BioFire Diagnostics
  • Alex Frain
    edited November 2023

Thanks for the quick response, Julie.  I'm not seeing the expected behavior within our on-premise instance running 8.79.5.  Using a test account that's a member of a permission group with read access to an entire project and write access to a specific component and its child sets within said project, the "Baseline" and "Folder" options are grayed out when I go to the Baselines tab > Add.

If I move this test account to a permission group that has write access to an entire project then it does gain access to create baselines.

I'd be happy to get on a call if it would help.

Alex
    Fujifilm Sonosite
    Original Message:
    Sent: 11-30-2023 09:09

As long as they have write access to the items in the component/set they should be able to create the baseline. Let me know if you want to get on a call to discuss. 

Julie Goodner
    Sr. Product Manager
    Jama Software

Original Message:

Hi Julie,

Alex
    Fujifilm Sonosite

Original Message:

Julie Goodner
    Sr. Product Manager
    Jama Software

Original Message:

Sylvain Bertelli

Original Message:

Hello,

Julie Goodner

Original Message:

Hello,

Julie Goodner

Original Message:

Hi Chloe,

Best,
    Ekaterina

Ekaterina Kessner

Original Message:

Best,

Chloe Elliott
    Jama Software
    Portland OR

Original Message:

Johan Hellman
    Nasdaq

Original Message:

Patricia
    BioFire Diagnostics
    Alex
    Fujifilm Sonosite
  • Julie Goodner
    edited November 2023

Hi Alex, I just tested this out on my side as well. And it appears you are correct that the "Baseline" and "Folder" options are grayed out even though the user has write access to one of the components. With the 8.82 cloud and 9.0 on-prem releases, you will be able to add baselines by right-clicking on the component. To do this the user will need to be a part of a group that also has write access to the component.  My email is jgoodner@jamasoftware.com if you want me to schedule a call to discuss any further. 

Julie Goodner
    Sr. Product Manager
    Jama Software
    Original Message:
    Sent: 11-30-2023 09:26

Thanks for the quick response, Julie.  I'm not seeing the expected behavior within our on-premise instance running 8.79.5.  Using a test account that's a member of a permission group with read access to an entire project and write access to a specific component and its child sets within said project, the "Baseline" and "Folder" options are grayed out when I go to the Baselines tab > Add.

If I move this test account to a permission group that has write access to an entire project then it does gain access to create baselines.

Alex
    Fujifilm Sonosite

Original Message:

Julie Goodner
    Sr. Product Manager
    Jama Software

Original Message:

Hi Julie,

Alex
    Fujifilm Sonosite

Original Message:

Julie Goodner
    Sr. Product Manager
    Jama Software

Original Message:

Sylvain Bertelli

Original Message:

Hello,

Julie Goodner

Original Message:

Hello,

Julie Goodner

Original Message:

Hi Chloe,

Best,
    Ekaterina

Ekaterina Kessner

Original Message:

Best,

Chloe Elliott
    Jama Software
    Portland OR

Original Message:

Johan Hellman
    Nasdaq

Original Message:

Patricia
    BioFire Diagnostics

• Alex Frain
    edited November 2023

Thanks for confirming, Julie.  Whenever we upgrade to the 9.0 version I'll try the right-click option to create a baseline with our test account that has write access to specific set and if any issues arise, I'll reach out to support.  I appreciate your help.

Alex
    Fujifilm Sonosite
    Original Message:
    Sent: 11-30-2023 10:01

Hi Alex, I just tested this out on my side as well. And it appears you are correct that the "Baseline" and "Folder" options are grayed out even though the user has write access to one of the components. With the 8.82 cloud and 9.0 on-prem releases, you will be able to add baselines by right-clicking on the component. To do this the user will need to be a part of a group that also has write access to the component.  My email is jgoodner@jamasoftware.com if you want me to schedule a call to discuss any further. 

Julie Goodner
    Sr. Product Manager
    Jama Software

Original Message:

Alex
    Fujifilm Sonosite

Original Message:

Julie Goodner
    Sr. Product Manager
    Jama Software

Original Message:

Hi Julie,

Alex
    Fujifilm Sonosite

Original Message:

Julie Goodner
    Sr. Product Manager
    Jama Software

Original Message:

Sylvain Bertelli

Original Message:

Hello,

Julie Goodner

Original Message:

Hello,

Julie Goodner

Original Message:

Hi Chloe,

Best,
    Ekaterina

Ekaterina Kessner

Original Message:

Best,

Chloe Elliott
    Jama Software
    Portland OR

Original Message:

Johan Hellman
    Nasdaq

Original Message:

Patricia
    BioFire Diagnostics

Alex
    Fujifilm Sonosite
  • Julie Goodner
    edited November 2023

You're welcome and that sounds great!

Julie Goodner
    Sr. Product Manager
    Jama Software
    Original Message:
    Sent: 11-30-2023 10:11

Thanks for confirming, Julie.  Whenever we upgrade to the 9.0 version I'll try the right-click option to create a baseline with our test account that has write access to specific set and if any issues arise, I'll reach out to support.  I appreciate your help.

Alex
    Fujifilm Sonosite

Original Message:

Julie Goodner
    Sr. Product Manager
    Jama Software

Original Message:

Alex
    Fujifilm Sonosite

Original Message:

Julie Goodner
    Sr. Product Manager
    Jama Software

Original Message:

Hi Julie,

Alex
    Fujifilm Sonosite

Original Message:

Julie Goodner
    Sr. Product Manager
    Jama Software

Original Message:

Sylvain Bertelli

Original Message:

Hello,

Julie Goodner

Original Message:

Hello,

Julie Goodner

Original Message:

Hi Chloe,

Best,
    Ekaterina

Ekaterina Kessner

Original Message:

Best,

Chloe Elliott
    Jama Software
    Portland OR

Original Message:

Johan Hellman
    Nasdaq

Original Message:

Patricia
    BioFire Diagnostics

• Julie Goodner
    edited November 2023

Hi Alex,
    I've recently tested the right-click action and encountered an issue. It appears that there's a problem with this function when you have read-only access to the project, despite having write access to the component. I'm currently investigating this issue further.

Julie Goodner
    Sr. Product Manager
    Jama Software
    Original Message:
    Sent: 11-30-2023 10:14

Julie Goodner
    Sr. Product Manager
    Jama Software

Original Message:

Alex
    Fujifilm Sonosite

Original Message:

Julie Goodner
    Sr. Product Manager
    Jama Software

Original Message:

Alex
    Fujifilm Sonosite

Original Message:

Julie Goodner
    Sr. Product Manager
    Jama Software

Original Message:

Hi Julie,

Alex
    Fujifilm Sonosite

Original Message:

Julie Goodner
    Sr. Product Manager
    Jama Software

Original Message:

Sylvain Bertelli

Original Message:

Hello,

Julie Goodner

Original Message:

Hello,

Julie Goodner

Original Message:

Hi Chloe,

Best,
    Ekaterina

Ekaterina Kessner

Original Message:

Best,

Chloe Elliott
    Jama Software
    Portland OR

Original Message:

Johan Hellman
    Nasdaq

Original Message:

Patricia
    BioFire Diagnostics

• Alex Frain
    edited November 2023

Thanks for that update.

Alex
    Fujifilm Sonosite
    Original Message:
    Sent: 11-30-2023 10:29

Hi Alex,
    I've recently tested the right-click action and encountered an issue. It appears that there's a problem with this function when you have read-only access to the project, despite having write access to the component. I'm currently investigating this issue further.

Julie Goodner
    Sr. Product Manager
    Jama Software

Original Message:

Julie Goodner
    Sr. Product Manager
    Jama Software

Original Message:

Alex
    Fujifilm Sonosite

Original Message:

Julie Goodner
    Sr. Product Manager
    Jama Software

Original Message:

Alex
    Fujifilm Sonosite

Original Message:

Julie Goodner
    Sr. Product Manager
    Jama Software

Original Message:

Hi Julie,

Alex
    Fujifilm Sonosite

Original Message:

Julie Goodner
    Sr. Product Manager
    Jama Software

Original Message:

Sylvain Bertelli

Original Message:

Hello,

Julie Goodner

Original Message:

Hello,

Julie Goodner

Original Message:

Hi Chloe,

Best,
    Ekaterina

Ekaterina Kessner

Original Message:

Best,

Chloe Elliott
    Jama Software
    Portland OR

Original Message:

Johan Hellman
    Nasdaq

Original Message:

Patricia
    BioFire Diagnostics

Alex
    Fujifilm Sonosite
  • Sylvain Bertelli
    edited December 2023

Yes, that is the issue we have had, it looks like you can add baseline to a concrete set by right-clicking, you can even name the baseline but then an error message is displayed.

Sylvain Bertelli
    Original Message:
    Sent: 11-30-2023 10:34

Thanks for that update.

Alex
    Fujifilm Sonosite

Original Message:
    Sent: 11-30-2023 10:29

Hi Alex,

Julie Goodner
    Sr. Product Manager
    Jama Software

Original Message:

Julie Goodner
    Sr. Product Manager
    Jama Software

Original Message:

Alex
    Fujifilm Sonosite

Original Message:

Julie Goodner
    Sr. Product Manager
    Jama Software

Original Message:

Alex
    Fujifilm Sonosite

Original Message:

Julie Goodner
    Sr. Product Manager
    Jama Software

Original Message:

Hi Julie,

Alex
    Fujifilm Sonosite

Original Message:

Julie Goodner
    Sr. Product Manager
    Jama Software

Original Message:

Sylvain Bertelli

Original Message:

Hello,

Julie Goodner

Original Message:

Hello,

Julie Goodner

Original Message:

Hi Chloe,

Best,
    Ekaterina

Ekaterina Kessner

Original Message:

Best,

Chloe Elliott
    Jama Software
    Portland OR

Original Message:

Johan Hellman
    Nasdaq

Original Message:

Patricia
    BioFire Diagnostics