Feature Requests

Expand all | Collapse all

Delete ability configurable by project and/or user

• 1.  Delete ability configurable by project and/or user

Posted 10-02-2018 16:29
    Hello,

We would like to have the ability to grant the ability to delete items in Jama by:
    • project
    • user
    If we can further refine this delete ability by components/sets that would be great too!

Thanks!

------------------------------
    victor

• 2.  RE: Delete ability configurable by project and/or user

Posted 10-07-2018 22:49
    I think this functionality might already be available.

Access: Manage all projects / [select project] / Configure Project / Project Permissions

It's possible to select the project, a component or a set and I believe even a folder within a set (haven't tested if it works at individual item level) and apply specific users or user groups. It may mean having to create more user groups to manage the specific setting from set to set.

Worth a try?

Warm regards,
    Gavin Ryan-Keenor
    Business Analyst
    Australia

• 3.  RE: Delete ability configurable by project and/or user

Posted 10-15-2018 14:02
    I think that's all true except you can't manage "Delete" separate from "Create/Edit". The only activities that can be managed by permissions are "Read" or "Create/Edit".
    As far as I can tell from the user interface you can't manage individual items only some containers - projects, components and sets (not folders).

Could someone from Jama confirm?

Thanks!

Theresa
    Fujifilm SonoSite
    WA United States

• 4.  RE: Delete ability configurable by project and/or user

Posted 10-16-2018 13:01
    Edited by Victor LastName 10-17-2018 08:42

You can turn on/off the ability to Delete for all users (except Admins) in the system:

But this is too broad of a control -- either everyone gets to delete or nobody does!  (Note: they would also need the "Create/Edit" permission to be able to delete)

We are seeking finer delete permission granularity, ideally, to be able to configure:
    • at the user level
    • at the group level
    • at the project level
    • at the component level
    • at the set level

Edit:  That is, we would like to be able to grant users the ability to create Jama items, yet not necessarily the ability to delete items.  We would like to grant the delete permission to a small subset of users.

victor